PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Cutlisteditor & Moviecut Plugins ?

Hurrst
20-11-12, 22:46
I have read that these 2 plugins are the favoured for trimming recorded movies.

Sadly i am using ViX 3.0 and they both fail to download from the plugin download on the stb.

Is this because they were produced for earlier versions of images and may not work properly on the ViX 3.0 image ?

If this is the case then ok i won't bother but if this isn't the case does anyone know of where i may be able to manually download stable versions these on the net ?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I am not interested in using if they are going to cause me problems as i am not desperate but thought they may be nice to have if they still work ok.

Thanks

Hurrst

Trial
20-11-12, 23:31
Hi,
arenīt they already in the image? I have them if I press menu in the film list.

ciao

Hurrst
20-11-12, 23:40
No sadly not in mine. Just Checked.

Perhaps you downloaded them a long time ago perhaps ?

Thanks for checking though.

Hurrst

Mr. Mister
20-11-12, 23:42
No sadly not in mine. Just Checked.

Perhaps you downloaded them a long time ago perhaps ?

Thanks for checking though.

Hurrst

I very much doubt that as Trial is a Beta tester.. and flashes his STB`s on a regular basis..

Hurrst
20-11-12, 23:44
Yes i did notice that but i thought it strange as i have only just flashed mine with the latest version, and its not on my stb as standard so thought he may have added whilst testing perhaps.

Thanks though.

Hurrst

Trial
21-11-12, 08:49
Hi,
I cannot say if I installed them with the image or if they were downloaded by me from the feed BUT I am sure that they are on my system now so they should be in the image or on the feed. I use a VU+ Ultimo. I will look at it this evening.

ciao

Rob van der Does
21-11-12, 10:23
I'm surprised by this: there has never any problem been reported around this and to be sure I just installed both from the feeds without any problem.
What exactly goes wrong during install?
Are you able to install other plugins?

Hurrst
21-11-12, 13:59
I see both in the plugin download menu or feeds if you like and i select cutlisteditor for example and get this error:

Execution Progress:

Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-cutlisteditor (2.8git12423+64bb645-r72) to root...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/vuduo/vuduo/enigma2-plugin-extensions-cutlisteditor_2.8git12423+64bb645-r72_vuduo.ipk.
Collected errors:
*opkg_download: Failed to download http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/vuduo/vuduo/enigma2-plugin-extensions-cutlisteditor_2.8git12423+64bb645-r72_vuduo.ipk. wget returned 255.
*opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update' ?
*opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-cutlisteditor.
Execution finished!!

So not quite sure what the fix is.

Thanks for all replies.

Hurrst

Rob van der Does
21-11-12, 14:28
As I asked:

Are you able to install other plugins?

Hurrst
21-11-12, 14:34
Well i just tried another and that failed the same way so doesn't look like it.... Sadly..

I have in the past though as i have added some before.

Very strange...

Hurrst

Rob van der Does
21-11-12, 14:48
OK, so apparently there's something wrong with the internet connection of the box.

Hurrst
21-11-12, 18:30
Well everything else and i am being careful here what i am saying !! Is working correctly.

My network all says its connecting correctly and i know it talks to the internet as it should be.

So i am at a loss..

Thanks for trying though, maybe someone will know the answer.

Hurrst

judge
21-11-12, 18:33
What happens when you run opkg update in a telnet session & try to install it then?

Rob van der Does
21-11-12, 19:48
Well everything else and i am being careful here what i am saying !! Is working correctly.
My network all says its connecting correctly and i know it talks to the internet as it should be.
So i am at a loss..
I once had the same situation: everything worked fine, even pinging, but no downloads from the feeds. Rebooted router, exchanged cables, all other boxes were fine. In the end I reflashed the box which solved it. No explanation, and fingers crossed, touch wood, it never happened again.

Hurrst
21-11-12, 20:48
Cheers Rob maybe i will have to do the same ....

@Judge
What happens when you run opkg update in a telnet session & try to install it then?

I am not sure how i do that never tried before what do i need to do ?

and thanks for trying to help guys.

Hurrst

Mr. Mister
21-11-12, 20:53
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Just copy this into telnet.. Press Enter.. and watch it do its stuff..

Hurrst
21-11-12, 21:01
Just tried Mr Mister and got this...

So doesn't seem to like it

Hurrst

Mr. Mister
21-11-12, 21:14
I have had this a few times myself ..

Only way i ever got out of it was to do a fresh flash of the box..

Hurrst
21-11-12, 21:15
Thanks Mr Mister.

Bearing in mind everything else is working and i have only just finished setting up after re-flashing, i can live with it and manually install plugins if i can find them via the net

Right i have an idea.

Does anyone have a link of ipk plugins that i could download manually via pc and then install that way ?

May be easier and handy to have anyway ...

Thanks if you have

Hurrst :cool:

Rob van der Does
21-11-12, 23:09
If you make a settingsbacup and flash the box you'll be ready in 10 minutes; after that you can install the plugins from the feeds.

Hurrst
21-11-12, 23:18
If you make a settingsbacup and flash the box you'll be ready in 10 minutes; after that you can install the plugins from the feeds.

Lol i didn't think of that yeh of course i could...

Thanks..

Hurrst

Rob van der Does
29-11-12, 07:09
Moved to the correct section.