PDA

View Full Version : skin help

jgtis
20-11-12, 18:53
I ftpd a new skin over to my duo today, I set the new skin and rebooted, the box restarted but just would not load up fully, swithched the power off and still the same. I ended up having to reflash and start all over again. I am back up and running now but dont want that to happen again, any ideas on how to avoid this? as i would like to try a few different skins, not just the ones i can download from the plugins.

I am running vix 3.0.423 and the skin i tryed was new skin ramiMAHER-rm-6

Thanks

judge
20-11-12, 18:56
If it happens again, you can still ftp into the box as it's usually only an enigma loop.
Then delete or rename the offending skin & the box will use the default skin again.

jgtis
20-11-12, 18:58
Thanks yes i deleted it and it did default as you said, I then tried it again and it did the same, but this time when i deleted it it just carried on in the loop and wouldn't default back.

Larry-G
20-11-12, 19:01
The only skins that are guaranteed to be fully compatible with the ViX image are those in the image feeds under the ViX heading.

so plugins > green button> ViX ( all the skins in here are ViX certified ). you can load others but there is ni guarantee they will work at all.

jgtis
20-11-12, 19:04
The only skins that are guaranteed to be fully compatible with the ViX image are those in the image feeds under the ViX heading.

so plugins > green button> ViX ( all the skins in here are ViX certified ). you can load others but there is ni guarantee they will work at all.

Ah ok thanks, for some reason there is only a few in the vix folder, and i had to set my box to allow unstable feed in order to connect to them.

Larry-G
20-11-12, 19:07
Thats because no one bothers to write skins for us LOL, but on the other hand the ones we have are purposely built for our image and continually updated, maintained ( with the exception of the XBMC one as it's author is quite busy at the moment and has no time to update it but is working on a new skin ).

The default skins and the magic skins in our feeds in my opinion are some of the cleanest and best around and the ViX day / night skins are not available on any other image.

as for the unstable updates bit, thats because andy is currently updating the feeds with a new build.