PDA

View Full Version : Setup with 4 Lnbs and a motor-possible?

MyB5
15-09-10, 16:43
Can I add a motor to my friends dish with 4 lnbs already connected? Does the motor always have to go on tuner A?
How does the box know if it shall tune in from tuner A or B, if say Astra 28.2 exist on both?

bob1
15-09-10, 17:31
It won't work ,just get a single twin output lnb with a motor..

dfdream
16-09-10, 20:46
Can I add a motor to my friends dish with 4 lnbs already connected? - YES see below
Does the motor always have to go on tuner A? - No can be either
How does the box know if it shall tune in from tuner A or B, if say Astra 28.2 exist on both? - In Menu Setup Customise there is a priority set to auto which generally chooses the motor last but can be set to tuner A or B if Auto doesnt suit.

The easiest way is to connect the 4 lnbs to a switch on one tuner and setup its tuner in advanced mode and set up like this.

Change satellite to fixed connected to switch port 1, set LNB to LNB1, set diseqc to 1.1 and set comitted diseqc comand to AA.
Change satellite to fixed connected to switch port 2, set LNB to LNB2, set diseqc to 1.1 and set comitted diseqc comand to AB.
Change satellite to fixed connected to switch port 3, set LNB to LNB3, set diseqc to 1.1 and set comitted diseqc comand to BA.

Then Set the tuner with Motor to Advanced and set Lat and Long for Usals.
Change satellite to fixed connected to switch port 4, set LNB to LNB4, set diseqc to 1.1 and set comitted diseqc comand to BB.

MyB5
17-09-10, 01:55
Then Set the tuner with Motor to Advanced and set Lat and Long for Usals.
Change satellite to fixed connected to switch port 4, set LNB to LNB4, set diseqc to 1.1 and set comitted diseqc comand to BB.

I don't understand this part..the StabHH100 can only handle DiseqC 1.2 or Usuals or am I wrong?

dfdream
17-09-10, 18:20
Sorry this was a paste in the wrong place.

For the tuner with the motor connected set it to advanced and enter the LAT and LONG and set to diseqc 1.2.

Appologies.

D

grtmoby
17-09-10, 18:23
if u r using diseqc 1.2 don\t bother with lat and long as they make no difference except with usuals

bob1
17-09-10, 23:08
How can this possibly work ,4 lnb's on one motorized dish, surly once its moved from the fixed position the other 3 lnb's will be off, when vu selects the fixed lnb's the dish may have moved and he won't get a signal unless it in the correct position.
If i'm wrong correct me ,i would like to know:confused:.

grtmoby
17-09-10, 23:26
what i thought and always saw is one dish fixed with 4 lnb and another dish that is motorized.
might be wrong though :confused:

bob1
17-09-10, 23:54
Can I add a motor to my friends dish with 4 lnbs already connected?

Well i read it as one dish, no mention of another dish just the motor ,maybe he does mean another dish, if he does mean another dish with a motor then of cousre it works ,thats how i have mine.

MyB5
18-09-10, 23:13
First...thx for all replies.

Sorry, my mistake. Yes, my friend has 2 dishes. One with 4 Lnbs and one with motor (soon). From what I understand I shall use "Usuals" with longitude and latitude settings for the motor configuration, on say tuner B and leave tuner A as before (diseqc 1.1 settings). It's just that we don't understand how the box know "where to look" if I tune in a channel that exists on both dishes....?

grtmoby
18-09-10, 23:15
the priority is to the fixed dish and then the motorized unless it is recording from fixed and then the priority goes to the motorized.

u can adjust priority anyway in the settings ;)

bob1
19-09-10, 08:43
First...thx for all replies.

Sorry, my mistake. Yes, my friend has 2 dishes. One with 4 Lnbs and one with motor (soon). From what I understand I shall use "Usuals" with longitude and latitude settings for the motor configuration, on say tuner B and leave tuner A as before (diseqc 1.1 settings). It's just that we don't understand how the box know "where to look" if I tune in a channel that exists on both dishes....?

I thought it was strange ,as already said it will use the fixed one unless it can't, don't worry about it ,it works and works well ,i have a fixed with 3lnbs and a motorized and has never given me any problems.