PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Software Updates

machare
20-11-12, 15:32
My impression is that the software feeds are either marked stable or unstable, depending on the status of the latest update.

When the feeds are marked as unstable, AIUI the feeds may contain stable updates which are later than my current version.

Could the update procedure be changed so that one can always download the latest stable update even when later unstable updates are present? :) (I except that I could reflash the latest version)

Larry-G
20-11-12, 15:36
The online updated will always update to the very latest image on the feeds be it stable or unstable, there is currently no way to pick or choose which specific image version you want to update to. you can of course just disable the allow unstable updates option as this will only look for stable updates but if a newer unstable update appears that stable update will no longer be available to download from the online updates.

machare
20-11-12, 17:32
..but if a newer unstable update appears that stable update will no longer be available to download from the online updates.Thanks for confirming how it works. As many more frequent and often unstable updates have been made available I was just hoping that consideration might be given to making stable updates permanently available.:)

Rob van der Does
20-11-12, 18:54
Thanks for confirming how it works. As many more frequent and often unstable updates have been made available I was just hoping that consideration might be given to making stable updates permanently available.:)
Other then downloading them there is no option for that: we have only one feed so only one image can be offered.

zappahey
20-11-12, 19:55
Oh, that explains a lot. More than once I've seen the green update indicator, when it wasn't convenient to update, only to find "no updates available" a couple of days later when I wanted to update. :o

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

KristianM
21-11-12, 22:17
Yepp! You do have to be really quick to get the update. :D