PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Time to say thanks...

yngvekl
20-11-12, 14:12
Hi, it's been a long time since I've been here.

I've been using Vix images for several years now, and my Lady has never had any major meltdowns in regards to receiver failings, so I guess we can say the software produced by these eminent team members, is close to rock solid. Thank You all! :smiley_yup:

My lack of programming skills are stopping me from taking part in development, but perhaps I can still be of some use... I'm Norwegian, and I've noticed that the translations is not always up to date. So what do I need to do to contribute? Can someone give me a "crash-course"? Explain what I need to setup... git...++

Best regards,
Yngve

Rob van der Does
20-11-12, 16:34
See here. (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15221-ViX-in-your-own-language-Read-how-easy-it-has-been-made-to-help!)
If you need any help please ask.

yngvekl
21-11-12, 07:16
Thanks, I will look into that. Two questions though...

In Norway we have two official "dialects" (+ a third, saami, but that's a different story), that, on e.g. Norwegian DVD's, can be differentiated "no-nb, NO" and "no-nn, NO". The first one is mandatory, the second optional, at least in schools. Official documents etc. must always be available in both versions. Anyhow... I'm only using "no-nb" in my daily life, and do not care for the other one, but others might do. Is there a way to differentiate between these two in .po files? Can there be two separate Norwegian language translations?

/Yngve

Rob van der Does
21-11-12, 08:23
That is indeed possible, but requires some extra coding.
And of course you promise to maintain them all :D

yngvekl
21-11-12, 08:56
He-he... :cool: That's the question...

Another question... instead of fetching the enigma2.po files from my receiver, can I find these on the net?

/Yngve

Edit: Is this the right place to look?
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/po/no.po

yngvekl
21-11-12, 13:12
OK, I downloaded master.zip and can edit the translations in Poedit or BetterpoEditor. There are however a number of sentences that is commented out. Is this intentional, or shall every sentence that is NOT fuzzy anymore (and translated OK) be de-commented?

/Yngve

andyblac
21-11-12, 13:53
He-he... :cool: That's the question...

Another question... instead of fetching the enigma2.po files from my receiver, can I find these on the net?

/Yngve

Edit: Is this the right place to look?
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/po/no.po

the feeds are the most up to date, they are updated on every build, the git only gets updated when i am sent a new po to add.

install by doing in terminal

opkg install enigma2-po.ipk

andyblac
21-11-12, 13:59
just checked gettext to see what codes are supports here is what can be used.

‘nb’ Norwegian Bokmål.
‘nn’ Norwegian Nynorsk.
‘no’ Norwegian.

yngvekl
22-11-12, 01:23
So filename will be "no_nb.po"

/Yngve

PS! Someone knows of a Poedit tutorial?