PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] EPG keeps reverting to Flash

sivhead
20-11-12, 13:56
I have noticed that my EPG location keeps reverting back to flash. I have not pin pointed when its doing it. Could be after going in deep standby. or could be from an EPG download. Does anyone have any tips about forcing the EPG location to be USB.

I know the USB key is working as it should as the picons are stored on the USB key they are always displayed.
Also I have noticed When it defaults back to Internal flash I dont have the option for USB..

I get the options <internal Flash> <SDB1> or something to that effect and <internal HDD>

The usb key is formated in FAT32. any pointers thanks sivhead

Added I am using most upto date VIX image with the latest online updates (not at my vuduo at the moment so cannot tell exact version). I only flashed the box last week, as I was trying out open pli and blackhole, now gone back to VIX ;-)

Sicilian
20-11-12, 17:33
Check your mount in mount manager.

sivhead
20-11-12, 22:02
I have never used mount manager to mount usb drives they usually just get automatically detected.

If I go into mount points management I have no mounts listed. How do I mount a usb ?

sivhead
20-11-12, 22:05
Ok you do it from the vix menu I have mounted it as usb now thanks.

judge
20-11-12, 22:24
Ok you do it from the vix menu I have mounted it as usb now thanks.
I'd reboot now & check if it's still mounted correctly in VIX mount manager, just to save any future troubles...

sivhead
20-11-12, 22:32
Ok I have done a few things to see why the epg reverts to flash.
Crashed the VUDuo by trying to install Samba (from network setup). result = still shows usb as default epg location.

reboot = result still shows usb as default location
deep standby and power back on= result (still shows usb as default for epg)..

All I can think is its something to do with the cross epg forcing a reload on boot. maybe the usb key is not ready when it forces a reload.

judge
20-11-12, 23:30
Crashed the VUDuo by trying to install Samba (from network setup).
Something odd there, can you upload crash logs as no box should crash when installing samba.

N/East Unlocker
27-11-12, 20:06
I have noticed that my EPG location keeps reverting back to flash. I have not pin pointed when its doing it. Could be after going in deep standby. or could be from an EPG download. Does anyone have any tips about forcing the EPG location to be USB.

I know the USB key is working as it should as the picons are stored on the USB key they are always displayed.
Also I have noticed When it defaults back to Internal flash I dont have the option for USB..

I get the options <internal Flash> <SDB1> or something to that effect and <internal HDD>

The usb key is formated in FAT32. any pointers thanks sivhead

Added I am using most upto date VIX image with the latest online updates (not at my vuduo at the moment so cannot tell exact version). I only flashed the box last week, as I was trying out open pli and blackhole, now gone back to VIX ;-)

Ive got the same problem , but only seems to have happened since I have just flashed openvix-3.0.445 to the box :(:(

I noticed mine that after a reboot the epg was gone .
I checked in the Epg settings and the epg kept reverting to internal flash
I then changed it back to usb ( sometimes the usb disappeared )
Now it has vanished altogether
I have tried different usb pens ( formatted to fat 32 etc ), but cant see it in the mount manager , but is seen in the hard disk ( Initialisation / Filesystem Check / convert ext3 to 4 )

andyblac
27-11-12, 20:44
Ive got the same problem , but only seems to have happened since I have just flashed openvix-3.0.445 to the box :(:(

I noticed mine that after a reboot the epg was gone .
I checked in the Epg settings and the epg kept reverting to internal flash
I then changed it back to usb ( sometimes the usb disappeared )
Now it has vanished altogether
I have tried different usb pens ( formatted to fat 32 etc ), but cant see it in the mount manager , but is seen in the hard disk ( Initialisation / Filesystem Check / convert ext3 to 4 )

did you setup the mount point in MountManager green button

wazza_2
27-11-12, 20:47
had this problem for about 3 weeks having to re mount my usb every time i need to update my epg

N/East Unlocker
27-11-12, 21:02
Yes I pressed the green button , and it made me restart the box , but there was no difference after the restart

andyblac
27-11-12, 23:14
Yes I pressed the green button , and it made me restart the box , but there was no difference after the restart

and after restart was the rpg assigned to correct mount

N/East Unlocker
28-11-12, 00:26
and after restart was the rpg assigned to correct mount
no:(

not sure what was happening with the latest version for me , but I have just reflashed back to v423 , which works fine

I will wait for the next software release and try that one

N/East Unlocker
01-12-12, 20:46
has now gone faulty again on this older image :(

usb has vanished from the epg storage location ( only hard drive and internal flash listed )

But when it was there and working I noticed that in the mount manager section there was only the hard drive listed ( should the usb drive be listed there also ? )

So have temp set it to hard drive as epg storage .

How do I get the usb back and installed correctly

brundlefly
18-12-12, 05:21
ive noticed this as well on my vu+duo and solo both are original boxes and both have epg set to download onto usb sticks...they seem to revert back to internal flash?......i have bh images latest 1.7.9 on both....heres the log of the vu+duo which crashed yesterday when i noticed that it reverted back to internal flash, so when i checked the mount manager...it crashed and gave me a green screen..

brundlefly
18-12-12, 20:18
so no one knows.?...really annoying having to keep mounting the usb stick..:(

Rob van der Does
19-12-12, 06:22
Not sure about your crashlog: it states 'opendreambox', 'DM8000' and 'vuplus' all over :confused:

Anyway: the problem seems to be memory shortage. You could try using a SWAP-file and or a plugin called 'CacheFlush'.

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 17:48
interesting thread.
Have to say that I occured int this very same issue on all my Duos. Randomly, on different vix builds.

andyblac
03-02-13, 02:31
ive noticed this as well on my vu+duo and solo both are original boxes and both have epg set to download onto usb sticks...they seem to revert back to internal flash?......i have bh images latest 1.7.9 on both....heres the log of the vu+duo which crashed yesterday when i noticed that it reverted back to internal flash, so when i checked the mount manager...it crashed and gave me a green screen..

thats is NOT a crashlog from a ViX image.

Rob van der Does
03-02-13, 08:27
Have to say that I occured int this very same issue on all my Duos. Randomly, on different vix builds.
Would be good if you showed us some logs. We are not able to reproduce this problem (other then making the storage device not available at boot time). If the image has been set up correctly that is (e.g. using the mountmanager to mount devices).