PDA

View Full Version : ET4000, ET5000, or ET6500

anfieldoreilly
20-11-12, 04:55
Hi,

I'd be greatly thankful if someone could help me chose a new box.

What would be the best single tuner on the market. I do like the xtrend boxes(dad has an et5000) Also what box is the best value.

I have a budget of 300e.

I can't find the xtrend 6500 in the xtrend section on this site. Any reason for that?

Any other boxes that I should consider? Seen the venton been recommended.

Which box has the best vix support as its the only image i like to use.

Sorry if this is in wrong section. Didn't know where to put it.

Cheers

Rob van der Does
20-11-12, 05:26
ViX support is the same for all ViX-supported boxes.

judge
20-11-12, 13:12
With a budget of 300, why not go for a dual tuner? even if you only have one feed, it increases your recording options & lets you update to 2 feeds later down the road.
The Twin or Duo should roughly fit that budget.

Other than that, I have an ET4000 & Solo, both great single tuner boxes & both run VIX.
Others here have high praise for the GigaBlue, you are spoiled for choice at the moment...

anfieldoreilly
20-11-12, 14:47
I'm not that pushed on a dual tuner. I would rather have a receiver that's faster, better for streaming videos and things like that, albeit a single tuner. Would the et4000 be faster than the duo yes?

And would the et6500 be worth an extra 100 over the et4000?

judge
20-11-12, 17:49
Would the et4000 be faster than the duo yes?

I don't see any speed increases in the ET4000 over the Duo, if it was a choice of one of these 2 boxes, I'd go with the Duo easily.

Rob van der Does
20-11-12, 18:35
IIRC the 400 has a single core CPU.

bassethound
20-11-12, 19:24
My ET4000 does seem run somewhat slower than any of my other boxes i own must be the combination of low processor and memory?

not tried any thing fancy like streaming/media playback with it yet its only used as a bedroom box

Stanman
20-11-12, 23:17
With a budget of £300 and a fast box, why not consider the GIGA blue QUAD, at that price point, its the fastest you gonna get, ableit its slightly over your budget but don't forget forum discount if you buy from the sponsor.

anfieldoreilly
21-11-12, 13:43
Thanks for the input. My budget is 300euros. Should have said that. The quad is way over budget.

bassethound
21-11-12, 16:23
you can get Vu+ duo for less than 300 euros with free delivery of Amazon DE :D

Mr. Mister
21-11-12, 16:56
If its a single tuner box your looking at.. Then i would defo go for a Vu+ Uno..

Have a look here at our sponsors website.. and its bang on the money..

... Vu+ Uno ... (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Uno-Single-Tuner-HD-DVB-S2-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver)

Larry-G
21-11-12, 17:45
If its a single tuner box your looking at.. Then i would defo go for a Vu+ Uno..

Have a look here at our sponsors website.. and its bang on the money..

... Vu+ Uno ... (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Uno-Single-Tuner-HD-DVB-S2-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver)

Agreed especially because when Vu do eventually release their new plugin dual tuner cards, this box will essentially become a duo with a hell of a lot more grunt beneath the hood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD