PDA

View Full Version : Latest driver for Duo

bluepeter
15-09-10, 15:50
for the Duo?

Been playing with different images over the last couple of days - ended up back with DE 133F - prefer the way they've mapped the remote, now for my question, I thought I should update the driver to the latest and noticed there are 2, which one?

mbox-dvb-modules-bm750-2.6.18-7.3-4.1.1-20100827.tar.gz = 2299kb
&
mbox-dvb-modules-bm750-2.6.18-7.3-4.4.3-20100827.tar.gz = 1902kb

regards in advance
Peter

Sicilian
15-09-10, 15:54
Neither are compatible with DE 1.3.3F, those drivers are for newer images only.

bluepeter
15-09-10, 16:06
can I ask which of the 2 drivers are used in the newer images & what are the differences

Sicilian
15-09-10, 16:07
The answer is here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2253-Vu-duo-latest-drivers&highlight=driver

bluepeter
15-09-10, 16:17
can we have single epg & a button mapped for it in the Vix image please, I'll use if you put the in the next iteration cos as far as I'm concerned all that's important is the way the remote is mapped & to have the most up to date drivers as they are all much of a muchness

pooface
15-09-10, 16:23
can we have single epg & a button mapped for it in the Vix image please, I'll use if you put the in the next iteration cos as far as I'm concerned all that's important is the way the remote is mapped & to have the most up to date drivers as they are all much of a muchness

Single epg is already implmented in the image...

As stated in the first post of the image release:

Press red button for current event info, long press red for whole channel info...

Sicilian
15-09-10, 16:30
Single epg is already implmented in the image...

As stated in the first post of the image release:

Press red button for current event info, long press red for whole channel info...

Bah you beat me to it! :roflmao:

bluepeter
15-09-10, 17:10
Lastly, is there a way to redirect where the epg is saved to ie: usb?

andyblac
15-09-10, 19:03
Lastly, is there a way to redirect where the epg is saved to ie: usb?

no, enigma2 Requires it to be on /hdd so either create a symlink from your /media/usb to /hdd, or just leave them on you rHDD

bluepeter
15-09-10, 20:07
no, enigma2 Requires it to be on /hdd so either create a symlink from your /media/usb to /hdd, or just leave them on you rHDD

Not wanting to disagree with you but as I've mentioned earlier in the thread I've been using DE 1.33f as the next best thing to Nabilo, this gave you the ability to chose a location to export the Rytec xml to - I have a thumbdrive for picons, epg & swapfile this saves the hdd having to continually spin up.

hdd are best left continually spinning or @ rest, duty cycles are counted

pooface
15-09-10, 20:10
Not wanting to disagree with you but as I've mentioned earlier in the thread I've been using DE 1.33f as the next best thing to Nabilo, this gave you the ability to chose a location to export the Rytec xml to - I have a thumbdrive for picons, epg & swapfile this saves the hdd having to continually spin up.

hdd are best left continually spinning or @ rest, duty cycles are counted

DE image was based on the old oe, and the hdd is only read on start up and shut down for the epg... It reads the epg from the cache during use of the box...

unisat
16-09-10, 07:12

Would you please explain in details how do we create a symlink from /media/usb to /hdd.

TIA

pooface
16-09-10, 08:14
Would you please explain in details how do we create a symlink from /media/usb to /hdd.

TIA

First, move the epg.dat file from /media/hdd to /media/usb. Then, telnet in to the box and issue the following command:

ln -s /media/usb/epg.dat /media/hdd/epg.dat

Just tried it, and it worked fine for me...