PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue HD 800 UE or Vu Duo

boywonder786
19-11-12, 15:27
hi i just ordered a gigablu hd800ue from WOS i am to expect delivery tomorrow i was just wondering which box is better in terms of stability and speed and reliabilty between the said box and the vu duo cheers?

I already have a duo but i bought the gigablue as a second box so just curious as to which i should keep in my room and which goes in the general room lol

Mr. Mister
19-11-12, 15:33
You cant compare a Gigablue 800SE with a Duo..

Thats a chalk and cheese comparision..

Duo obviously alot fast Than the SE..
Twin tuner and single tuner..

Duo fantastic for a main box..
800SE a fantstic budget bedroom box..

So its unfair to compare them..

boywonder786
19-11-12, 16:29
ok sound so keep the duo in the bedroom as main do u know if the sata internal hdd on the duo will fit in the gigablue does it take sata hdd?

Sicilian
19-11-12, 16:33
ok sound so keep the duo in the bedroom as main do u know if the sata internal hdd on the duo will fit in the gigablue does it take sata hdd?

Gigablue UE only USB HDD.

boywonder786
19-11-12, 16:37
oh right dam what a waste just bought a 1tb usb for the duo with the intention of putting the 250 gb which is in the duo into the giga!

now the secondary box gets a 1tb wasted usb hdd lol

boywonder786
19-11-12, 16:38
is there a guide to loading picons onto the giga ue display on the box

Sicilian
19-11-12, 16:52
oh right dam what a waste just bought a 1tb usb for the duo with the intention of putting the 250 gb which is in the duo into the giga!

now the secondary box gets a 1tb wasted usb hdd lol

Why would you even think the UE had internal HDD facility? Its not even in the specs :confused:

Sicilian
19-11-12, 16:54
is there a guide to loading picons onto the giga ue display on the box

Take a look here, should be same as quad http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22266-LCD-Picons-for-Gigablue-Quad

Mr. Mister
19-11-12, 17:04
From what i remember.. Just FTP the picons to the UE as normal.. Reboot.. And they will show on the front display of your UE..

Its not like the Quad as far as i remember..

Alec
19-11-12, 17:19
The Duo is very stable, and if you have a moving dish I would use that. The GigaBlue tuning system is bugy. Setting up the Gigablue Quad was a nightmare. If it is fixed system you should be okay. I complained about the tuning system, and was told they are still working on the software.
They should have been up front about this in the first place, because I have been changing images to see if it was that. I could not fine tune the box in positioner setup the SNR's are all over the place, informing that it was not locked, when my meter was indicating locked solid.. I had to set it up using a Sat meter on the 2nd output on a twin LNB.

Sicilian
19-11-12, 17:22
I complained about the tuning system, and was told they are still working on the software.
They should have been up front about this in the first place, because I have been changing images to see if it was that. I could not fine tune the box in positioner setup the SNR's are all over the place, informing that it was not locked, when my meter was indicating locked solid.. I had to set it up using a Sat meter on the 2nd output on a twin LNB.

There is currently a driver issue with ALL Gigablue models that is giving in-correct SNR/AGC readings and enigma 2 satfinder cannot be used.

boywonder786
19-11-12, 19:30
From what i remember.. Just FTP the picons to the UE as normal.. Reboot.. And they will show on the front display of your UE..

Its not like the Quad as far as i remember..

ok ill try that i assume setup process is same as the duo.