PDA

View Full Version : Due for an upgrade, iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3?

Sicilian
19-11-12, 10:43
As the title guys, due for an upgrade but torn between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3, had iPhone's since the 3gs, currently got iPhone4. Really not sure weither to make the switch to android or now. Opinions please :)

marty
19-11-12, 10:47
I-stuff is overpriced and over rated :mad:
Android is cheap and easy to use and loads of stuff is available for it :thumbsup:
A guy at work as an I-phone 4 and I have a Galaxy (original) and there is no comparison ;)

Best bet is to test drive one :D

Mr. Mister
19-11-12, 10:51
I also have also had an iphone from the early days..

I dont know anyone who has had an iphone.. Then made the move to Android.. And stayed with Android..

Everyone always goes back to iphone if thats what your used to..

marty
19-11-12, 10:54

I dont know anyone who has had an iphone.. Then made the move to Android.. And stayed with Android..

A bit like a Windows user then :D I've dabbled a little with Linux but always gone back to Windows (but wouldn't touch mac with a stick)

Larry-G
19-11-12, 11:00

well now you do.

i had a iphone from day one through to the , iphone 3 and iphone 3gs then i moved to a HTC desire and now i use a samsung galaxy s3 and i would never have another poxy iphone given.

twol
19-11-12, 11:07

My view is that if you have other Apple products (IPAD, Mac etc) then it is easiest to stay with a common IOS interface that works well together.
Google gives you an alternative firmware (android) that is supported by a range of competing hardware companies - it is just that Samsung advertises more than the rest put together, but certainly has hardware competitors with alternative products, but you need to roadtest them as suggested :)
.... perhaps even Googles Nexus?

Lastly if you want to use it as a real business phone, then based on my wife's experience (she has used Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and Iphone), then there are only 2 phones - Iphone and perhaps Blackberry if they stay alive.

Sicilian
19-11-12, 11:48
More confused now lol!

Larry-G
19-11-12, 11:55
hahaha.

seriously without bashing the iphone for a moment. i would go for the s3 its the best handset currently on the market by far and i would not part with mine.

Sicilian
19-11-12, 11:59
Thinking of buying a simfree unit from Expansys, if dont like it I can return within 7 days :)

twol
19-11-12, 12:19
Thinking of buying a simfree unit from Expansys, if dont like it I can return within 7 days :)
I think that anything that allows you to try the phone is worthwhile - my wife has to be able to use a phone worldwide and access her business systems. Several times at contract end, she has been recommended (pushed :) ) by her provider into a wonderful new phone, only to find that for her business use they are absolutely ######, but because she has a business contract has been able to get the phone replaced, hence her travels from Nokia to Blackberry (good), to HTC and Samsung (not good) to Iphone (better).
Me? I have no problem I only use my phone for phone calls, so use an oldish Nokia!

judge
19-11-12, 13:07
My sister has been an iPhone user for the last few years, she dropped it one too many times last week & it finally gave up.
She replaced it with the Galaxy S3, raved about it for the few days she had it, dropped it for the first time Saturday night & the screen shattered...

Larry-G
19-11-12, 13:10
depends on how you drop it as can be seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7e9ebi41Wc

Sicilian
19-11-12, 13:17
Tbh guys, been on expansys website to order a couple of times this morning, something stopping me ordering the S3 lol.

Larry-G
19-11-12, 13:21
Tbh guys, been on expansys website to order a couple of times this morning, something stopping me ordering the S3 lol.

admit it, your just a apple fanboy lol.

Donnie
19-11-12, 13:25
Wife has been an iphone user for years currently has the 4 and I have been an android user for years, currently the s3.

For the first time the wife actually prefers my phone to hers and is tempted to get the s3 and to be honest I can see why, Apple really don't seem to be keeping up with the Android in regards of development and features.

judge
19-11-12, 13:27
depends on how you drop it as can be seen here.

sending the bint that video now... no idea how she managed to shatter it on first drop...

Sicilian
19-11-12, 13:30
admit it, your just a apple fanboy lol.

LOL, think i must be lol! Something stopping me ordering it.

alba1978
19-11-12, 19:20
I have had iPhones from the begging up to 4s and checked 5 out and there was no change.I have had a s3 for a month now and I love it.thinking of selling my ipad3 and replaces with a galaxy tab ssh well.
Unless Apple changes drastically for good will no ho back to iPhone or iPad again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

irishchris
19-11-12, 19:31
had htc desire hd was superb but was convinced by people that the iphone 4s was soo much better. had the iphone for 2 months and got rid of it as soon as the s3 came out. apple ios not a patch on android imo. s3 definitely the best phone i have had by a mile

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

Mr. Mister
19-11-12, 20:26
My contract is due to expire a week.before Xmas.. I honestly never ever thought of any other phone apart from an iPhone5.. for an upgrade..

But now you guys have got me thinking.. maybe I will have a look at the S3 before I go for the iPhone5..

Oooohhhhhhh..... And BTW.. this is my 1st ever post from my HTC flyer..

Cheers stanman for the tip..

pooface
19-11-12, 20:58
Never had an iPhone, but missus has an iPod, and I have an iPad from work. Me, I much prefer the android os. don't get me wrong, iOS is a good little system, but android is just streets ahead IMO. And, if I hadn't managed to jailbreak the ipod and iPad, there's no way I would ever recommend an iOS device! they're frigging useless otherwise!

Go to the Carphone warehouse and have a play on it...

As for apple being better for business use, how'd you work that one out? I found just as many apps that are useful for android as for apple. And as for blackberry, don't get me started on that, it's the biggest pile of sh1te out there!!!

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

Stanman
19-11-12, 21:10
I think the reason why business like the Ipad over Android tablets is only one version of IOS and they quality control the apps that get onto their stores.

But me am android all the way

doelerz
19-11-12, 22:58
You'd think being the open-source satellite guys we are that we would head towards the Android OS but since having an iPhone i couldnt be without! The Galaxy is a great machine though and if being honest i prefer the iPhone 4S to the 5.. The 5 is too light for me therefore build quality doesnt feel as great (although) it probably is top quality. Good luck with your decision (not an easy one!)

BadBoy
20-11-12, 00:59
What about the Nexus 4?

Mr. Mister
20-11-12, 02:16
OK.. So lets say im ingerested in the HTC One X 32GB..

Anyone got one of these..??

Whats your opinion.. ???

Sicilian
20-11-12, 05:52
OK.. So lets say im ingerested in the HTC One X 32GB..

Anyone got one of these..??

Whats your opinion.. ???

I did look at on them on Expansys, anyone got one?

pooface
20-11-12, 08:48
I currently have a HTC sensation, after a water accident with my s2. Personally, I think the Samsung has slight advantage over HTC. The hardware felt slightly better but this is comparing 2 completely different phones!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

leechy
21-11-12, 14:52
Had the one s stay away from those kept jumping back to home screen like someone was pressing the home button its a fault with them not sure about the x.

Sicilian
25-11-12, 07:44
What you guys think about the Samsung S3 mini?

Larry-G
25-11-12, 08:01
not much to be honest, if i remember correctly it's a galaxy in name but not much else. if you want a galaxy you really should go for the s3 otherwise i would not bother.

Larry-G
25-11-12, 08:08
maybe even look at the nexus4 if you can get hold of one that is, it's a hell of a phone for the price google are selling it for.

although i'd buy it outright not through a contract as it's way cheaper directly from google than on contract.