PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] CrossEPG - DM800SE

doelerz
19-11-12, 10:26
Hi Guys,
Im new here and hoping my first post goes well!
I have just started using CrossEPG on my DM800se, i have set up all options:
Save to external HDD
Auto download each day
I have chosen both the Rytec and OpenTV at 28.2
The download seems to go well but when i open the EPG, nothing seems to show still?
I have downloaded the CrossEPGExplorer for PC which is a great tool, i have linked this to my box and it shows me all my channels and displays lots of content for these so im guessing the setup and download are working fine but just my DM cannot see this??

Can anyone advise? am i missing a step?

Many thanks guys!

doelerz
19-11-12, 22:53
I seem to have now resolved it (not sure how)
I am using an external HDD so i powered this up before turning on the DM, the EPG still didnt show, restarted the DM again and all data is now there. Looks great, worth the little bit of trouble! I will replace this with an internal drive soon, hopefully then everything will be simple!

Thanks anyway,

wiz569
20-11-12, 09:29
I would advise using a usb stick for the epg, as it will save your hard disk spinning up all the time,

You also only need one source to download so either use opentv or rytec,otherwise it will most likely lead to conflicts between the two :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

doelerz
20-11-12, 10:49
Thanks for your reply! I turned the box on again this morning with no EPG data!
I worked out that restarting the GUI will then show the data, a standard restart doesn't do the trick. I guess this is as you said about the drive spinning up, the drive isn't ready when the DM needs to read the info!
I'm going to swap it out for an internal drive shortly, hopefully that will be better or will I still face the spin up issues you think?
Which EPG do you suggest? Open or Rytec?
Thanks again!

Larry-G
20-11-12, 17:08
I would advise using a usb stick for the epg, as it will save your hard disk spinning up all the time,

You also only need one source to download so either use opentv or rytec,otherwise it will most likely lead to conflicts between the two :)

Although I personally do use a USB stick to store my own EPG on ( more force of habit than any thing else ), it is not actually a bad idea to store the EPG on a HDD.

EPG data is only read from or written to at shutdown and bootup times, the rest of the time it's held in live memory the same as bouquets, so the HDD won't need to spin up to access the EPG. Picons on the other hand should not be stored on the HDD for the reasons you state above as they will spin up the HDD when changing channels etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wiz569
21-11-12, 09:43
As phoenix rightly says, yes I was wrong :),epg is held in flash memory until shut down or reboot,

But it could be that the drive is not ready at the time the box tries to read it,

There was a few reports of this as well as it reverting to saving to flash instead of usb/hard drive,

If your still having problems then try the latest version as it has had some modifications to counteract these problems :)

As for source then I prefer OpenTv as it gets the epg from the satellite feed.

Larry-G
21-11-12, 17:42
As phoenix rightly says, yes I was wrong :),epg is held in flash memory until shut down or reboot,

But it could be that the drive is not ready at the time the box tries to read it,

There was a few reports of this as well as it reverting to saving to flash instead of usb/hard drive,

If your still having problems then try the latest version as it has had some modifications to counteract these problems :)

As for source then I prefer OpenTv as it gets the epg from the satellite feed.

Owing to our prior history else where please don't think my reply was a dig at you, as it was not intended to be, more a correction for those who don't know how EPG data is handled.

wiz569
21-11-12, 21:43
Owing to our prior history else where please don't think my reply was a dig at you, as it was not intended to be, more a correction for those who don't know how EPG data is handled.

Nah mate history is overrated ;)

And you were correct,

I was having a blond moment lol

doelerz
28-11-12, 01:14
Thanks for all your help guys. I have since changed image provider on my DM800. I was using a GP3 image and began finding some mounting issues (USB, HDD, External HDD), it seemed some other people had the same issue and i think this may have been causing the issue with loading the EPG data at boot. I am now using a Nemesis image, the EPG setup worked straight away! All mounts are great as well.