PDA

View Full Version : Awesome!

tickett
18-11-12, 23:44
So glad I bought the quad. Hadn't had a chance to play with it till today (and was aware of some of the issues).

Just got it fired up in no time at all, latest ViX etc. It's so fast! Navigating the menus/guide etc- zapping channels. Picture is perfect. Streaming across the LAN is working a treat (always have problems with my ET9000). It will be promoted to the lounge in the morning :)

Will be curious to see how it handles playbook of my movie library- I may even be able to retire the Raspberry Pi / XBMC.

Also- look forward to more tuners DVB-S2 being available. I wonder if the ViX guys can enhance picture in picture to split screen :)

Like a kid at christmas! :)

marty
19-11-12, 08:44
How do you find the Pi? I'm getting one for xmas (I hope :) )

tickett
19-11-12, 10:14
How do you find the Pi? I'm getting one for xmas (I hope :) )

Yeah brilliant. If you're getting it for a media center- i would thoroughly recommend RaspBMC. I have a handful of the things all with their own jobs :)

The only problem I have had is with power supplies and USB devices causing stability issues. Other than a simple keyboard/mouse you will probably find yourself having to use a powered USB hub.

sullan
19-11-12, 20:01
A little hijack, sorry... but I'll receive a quad any day now and like to know if there's support for dlna in vix? Working quite good to my VU duo from serviio. Missing subtitle support on mkv tho.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2