PDA

View Full Version : Flat satellite aerial

Conaxthewarrior
18-11-12, 18:39
Does anyone know of a place where I could purchase a flat satellite aerial for the 28e?
It'd have to have the same signal reception strength as a traditional 78cm dish would give (this is the min size for a reasonable BBC pic where I live) but also be reasonably small as to not be noticed by the property firm who have just graciously outlawed sat dishes on their premises (ie my balcony).

I dont know much about these flat aerials but arn't they thin as well, like a flat tv and if so, how flat?

Thanks guys

s1m0nw
18-11-12, 19:01
dont know how many feeds you looking for but if its just a single feed then wouldnt getting a length of shotgun cable and splitting it in half not do the trick for you?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-black-shotgun-coaxial-cable-sky-25m/99025?cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CKHJwLWM2bMCFanItAodljUAyw

Larry-G
18-11-12, 19:07
At this moment in time i would not even consider purchasing kit especially for 28.2 east for use outside of the UK, wait until 2F is inplace and established so you know for certain your still actually going to be able to receive it.

Conaxthewarrior
19-11-12, 20:14
Thanks, good advice. Hopefully I could still "pinch" some BBC signal after the astra 2f is sending. The deadline here for removal of all sat dishes is well in to next year so I have plenty of time to find out.
King of sat shows the 2F almost in position so it should be transmitting before xmas, I'd guess.

Larry-G
22-11-12, 01:35
well i guess we will know soon enough, 2F has completed it's testing phase and is now in it's designated orbit, so once services start to move over we should see how it's footprint looks and see just how it's going to impact the services the expat community currently enjoy.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23351-Controversial-SES-Astra-2F-satellite-starts-operations

irishchris
22-11-12, 06:20
we are going to find out very soon as they are beginning to migrate stations from 1N to 2F starting this friday 23rd november.They hope to have all of the required stations transferred by 26 November

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

Larry-G
22-11-12, 06:34
we are going to find out very soon as they are beginning to migrate stations from 1N to 2F starting this friday 23rd november.They hope to have all of the required stations transferred by 26 November

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

Yeah I can't see there being any major differences but we won't know for certain until they migrate services over.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2