PDA

View Full Version : help pls new box or what box

derrbycombo
18-11-12, 13:18
hi all just asking any1 as really a noob when it comes to anything to do with linux boxs .
i have tm5402 and happy with it and non linux boxs foe the last few years now want to know more about linux boxs . i bet every1 has started with this what is the best box to upgade to and if any1 would give 1 to 1 help to start with ? pls

marty
18-11-12, 13:19
Gigablue Quad :cool:

Larry-G
18-11-12, 13:22
at this moment in time there are quite a large number of really decent and cheap E2 based receivers such as the excellent Gigablue 800 SE / UE series boxes, or even the Technomate TM-Twin dual tuner. all of which can be purchased directly from the forum sponsor and as a member of the forum you can claim a £5 discount voucher off the price of any stocked receiver.

as for help setting up, there are a lot of very friendly members here who will help as much as possible in that area.

marty
18-11-12, 13:24
The MagDigital box looks to be great value for money too ;)

Mr. Mister
18-11-12, 13:42
For a twin tuner box.. i would say the Gigablue Quad.. Very new to the market.. But excellent..

As for single tuner boxes.. They are all pretty good at the moment..

Both Gigablue`s.. The UE & SE.. Vu+ Solo and the Max Digital XP1000..

plenty of choice..

derrbycombo
18-11-12, 14:13
thanks for all ur help but been read up after made this post and did see all boxs thats been siad in here and think will be going with vu sole from sponsor like phoenix has siad angain thanks for all replays so fast but now have to do a bith off reading 1st about loading as this will be my 1st linux

marty
18-11-12, 14:18
Max Digital XP1000 and Gigablue 800 are cheaper and better specced than the solo ;)

LondonGeezer
18-11-12, 14:19
I bought my first linux box last week (Vu+ Duo) and flashed it yesterday. From start to finish it took 3-4hrs to setup and it was my first attempt. Doing it again i probs could do it in an hour or two. Excellent box, no glitches so far, really fast and to me has it all :)

marty
18-11-12, 14:22
I bought my first linux box last week (Vu+ Duo) and flashed it yesterday. From start to finish it took 3-4hrs to setup and it was my first attempt. Doing it again i probs could do it in an hour or two. Excellent box, no glitches so far, really fast and to me has it all :)

Took me days to get my 1st box as I liked (DM800)
I can now do it in no time :D
Practice ;)

Larry-G
18-11-12, 14:36

Took me days to get my 1st box as I liked (DM800)
I can now do it in no time :D
Practice ;)

Tell me about it, I was baffled when i tried to set my First E2 receiver up ( a Uno i got early last year ), now though i can setup almost any E2 box in under 10 minutes from start to finish.

derrbycombo
18-11-12, 17:52
Max Digital XP1000 and Gigablue 800 are cheaper and better specced than the solo ;) is this right as i know each has ther own box this is way started this really would like help from u all as what box pls

Mr. Mister
18-11-12, 17:57
Yes.. this is correct.. The Gigablue 800SE.. and 800UE.. and the Max Digital XP1000 are all cheaper than the Vu+ Solo

derrbycombo
20-11-12, 12:21
sorry all bit more looken and have found this Openbox S4 linux receiver any1 know anything about it has it been tested on hre by any1 ?

Larry-G
20-11-12, 17:01
sorry all bit more looken and have found this Openbox S4 linux receiver any1 know anything about it has it been tested on hre by any1 ?

Personally I would not touch a openbox with a barge pole as for it being Linux based technically it is but you won't ever run a image on it that in any way compares to the other boxes mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stanman
20-11-12, 23:34
Would avoid the openbox and other such like recievers, for versatility and ease of use, I would only really recommend a true Linux E2 box:thumbsup:

swedish cook
24-11-12, 15:56
For those on a limited budget the Amiko Alien 2 is an option, dual boot so it will run their own Spark software or E2, triple tuner and I see that the sponsor is selling a grade A box at £149.

I'll be open about the main downside of the Alien 2, it uses a different processor from the other E2 boxes mentioned, so the choice and maturity of the E2 image is less, go into it with your eyes open and you'll be happy. The box is certainly quick, and well known for excellent picture quality, better than boxes that are more than double the price by some accounts I've seen.