PDA

View Full Version : xp1000 basic question

Damixa
18-11-12, 11:11
Hi All,
I run two Clone DM800s and to be honest they aint great.
I dont know much about how I did set them up , but I did and so I can just about set up a dreambox.

Im looking to replace these with a more reliable (but similar) box.

So my question is, if I can setup and update and run the DB800 will I be capable of easily swapping these for a XP1000 without much messing about. Including running present MGCam's ,TV lists etc.
Is theer much difference between the two boxes?

Thanks

Sicilian
18-11-12, 11:49
They both run enigma 2, although I've not tested mgcamd.

Stanman
18-11-12, 21:27
As Sic said, their all E2 boxes so you should not have any problems using either of them.

I have tried MGcamd but not used it much.

One of our moderators, Mr Mister uses it so you should not have any problems running it on the XP1000 using VIX image

amara3
18-11-12, 21:52
Hi thinking of getting this...

I am not 100% upto date on images, flashing etc, I did buy a VU Duo a year ago and did have a Vix image on it and was impressed with all the OSD menus etc, Will this reciever give me the same look and feel as that...obviously I understand this is not a VU Duo but would I get the same OSD EPG layouts etc ?

I also remember I was not blown away with the Picture Quality compared to my BLADE Bm7000s...whats the initial thoughts on Picture Quality for this reciever ? how would one know what they could expect looking at the specs ? thanks

Stanman
18-11-12, 22:00
No idea on PQ but VIX image is same across all supported boxes bar hardware limitations.