PDA

View Full Version : New ViX Team MK / MaxDigital XP1000 OE3.0 Release Discussion

judge
15-11-12, 17:22
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&d=1348908188
Brand New VIX Image XP1000

18/11/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.421

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20973&d=1353132169
Vix Team is proud to present
an all new full featured Vix image for the
MK / MAXDIGITAL XP1000

GCC Version: 4.4.4
Kernel Version: 3.5.1
Drivers: 02-11-2012

All Users - A full flash is required

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
Instant record & Zap added to all EPG screens including EPG search. (short & long press record button)
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (02/11/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
Ocram for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatible.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Downloads
Stable release HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23183-New-ViX-Team-MK-MaxDigital-XP1000-OE3-0-Release&p=172656#post172656)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=XP1000/) (Beta's)

Sicilian
18-11-12, 08:01
Enjoy all :)

Sicilian
18-11-12, 08:04
Feedback here please :)

lois
14-01-13, 22:10
Hello I am thinking of buying this machine in sponsor.
It supports CCcam?
the image can be put on USB.
sorry for the questions but I'm new at this.

Stanman
14-01-13, 22:13
Yes and Yes, you get the best user friendly image in the world.

lois
14-01-13, 22:17
Thanks .
I have a skybox F3 and I update it with usb it can also be the same way?

I've been taking a look at the post, s but I'm still a little confused

judge
14-01-13, 22:27
Yes, you do a fresh flash by USB, then updates are also provided online.

lois
14-01-13, 22:29
Ok
thans juiz

razor1
16-02-13, 21:44
r u saying you can stick vix image on skybox f5 etc what are these boxes clones of?

judge
16-02-13, 21:48
r u saying you can stick vix image on skybox f5 etc what are these boxes clones of?

No you can't.

ISeeFridges
24-02-13, 14:49
I am a complete newb to this.... Will this enable me to watch Formula One on ORF 1 HD at 19.2 E. By that I mean will it decrypt the channel without having to use a card sharing server? I know that the Openbox receivers can do this, but don't really want an Openbox\Skybox.

Larry-G
25-02-13, 17:58
I am a complete newb to this.... Will this enable me to watch Formula One on ORF 1 HD at 19.2 E. By that I mean will it decrypt the channel without having to use a card sharing server? I know that the Openbox receivers can do this, but don't really want an Openbox\Skybox.

No the image is not pre configured for such things other than FTA programming. You would still need to set it up to your own requirements.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

siciliano890
26-02-13, 14:47
Hi sorry i want ask one questio..i buy from some one a maxdigital xp1000 box with inside vix software i pay for thre time more i see in this site .But the problem is i need pay to this person monthly if not he say i dont see nophing.Is true all that .Sorry i dont understend very well about this thinks.thanks

Larry-G
26-02-13, 17:08
Hi sorry i want ask one questio..i buy from some one a maxdigital xp1000 box with inside vix software i pay for thre time more i see in this site .But the problem is i need pay to this person monthly if not he say i dont see nophing.Is true all that .Sorry i dont understend very well about this thinks.thanks

Im sorry but we cant get into such discussions here as what your talking about is illegal.

These boxes will only show you free to air programming, unless you either have a official subscription card for the services you wish to receive, or you go down the cardshare route and we cant get into that topic here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gkirle
02-05-13, 12:12
Hi to all,

The image is just perfect.
One question only.
How can I have subtitles in the movies? Not talking about media player but the movies that are being played by sat tv.
I tried with gsf plugin but nothing.

Thank you

zenith
02-05-13, 12:25
Hi to all,

The image is just perfect.
One question only.
How can I have subtitles in the movies? Not talking about media player but the movies that are being played by sat tv.
I tried with gsf plugin but nothing.

Thank you

just press subtitle button when film playing and if any available should pop up in window for you to press ok button to view.

gkirle
02-05-13, 12:29
just press subtitle button when film playing and if any available should pop up in window for you to press ok button to view.

Thank you but I would like to add external subtitles when there are no subtitles by the provider.
Can I do that?

zenith
02-05-13, 12:31
Thank you but I would like to add external subtitles when there are no subtitles by the provider.
Can I do that?

i think there is a plugin in the downloads that downloads but not sure if or how it works sorry

notel98
26-08-13, 00:53
Hi I seem to have an issue with the image backup I get a message about time out when I try to create a backup. I also have an issue when I try to record to had, the recording is breaking up on replay.

Rob van der Does
26-08-13, 05:08
Hi I seem to have an issue with the image backup I get a message about time out when I try to create a backup. I also have an issue when I try to record to had, the recording is breaking up on replay.
Please don't post problems in a general thread; make your own thread with the issues.

stoneroseshead
29-08-13, 21:51
Hi there,
Not sure if this is for here but having an issue getting network settings to work corectly for WI-FI. No issues whatsoever on LAN. Basically when i use the WIFI I can use the wizard to enable the wifi net interface and disable the second interface. When i select my wifi router and having completed the rest of the network parameters i cannot connect to wifi. When i check wifi status it is disabled. Not sure if this is a bug with the software or an incompatibility with the wifi dongle.
The dongle works fine on my VU+DUO running BH image. Dongle is Patriot PCBOWAU2-N
Other than that no issues on software.

geeuk
10-10-13, 17:09
Hi,

The VFD displays the channel numbers wrong, on the entertainment bouquet it shows 101,102 etc on the vfd display but when you change to other categories like movies the numbers change to 0001,0002 on the vfd when it should be 301,302 etc..

Thanks,
geeuk

mmoloch
27-11-13, 19:26
Huevos for his work on blindscan

How can I do blind scan with this receiver running openvix?

Larry-G
27-11-13, 19:37
How can I do blind scan with this receiver running openvix?

I dont think this receiver is blindscan compatible although i could be wrong as i dont own this receiver, the part you quoted is simply a thanks we include to Huevos for his work on the blindscan plugin for those receivers that support it.

freestyler
27-11-13, 22:12
I installed NFS on my box today but it would not boot back up and my backup was corrupt so I had to do a clean full flash again. Problem I have is the Auto Bouqets maker setting is not within the service searching menu like it should be. I have tried twice now. I used the following image - openvix-3.0.421-xp1000.

I also tried installing the ABM plugin from the feeds but it crashes the box as soon as you start to download. I assume its not the correct plugin but I can't figure out why its not already there as its supposed to be?

Any help would be great.

judge
27-11-13, 22:16
That build is probably too old.
Grab 793 from http://www.openvix.co.uk/ & flash that.

freestyler
27-11-13, 22:18
Thanks grabbing that now. I could not find a newer one, must be tired.:thumbsup:

Larry-G
27-11-13, 22:22
All the latest images for this receiver and all others we support can be found on www.openvix.co.uk the build your running is far to old to successfully run ABM properly as it was built before ABM was created.

freestyler
27-11-13, 22:42
Maybe thats why its been so slow too lol. Just setting new one up and its very fast. Only thing is now it does not see my usb data stick. Its fat 32 so do I have to format it before putting it in as there was an option to do that in the settings before but now it does not show my stick at all?

Larry-G
27-11-13, 22:45
you should not need to format the USB stick but it wont hurt if you do, backing up any thing important you may have on there first obviously.

freestyler
27-11-13, 22:49
My box does not see it now but it did before, wonder if its failing on me. Can I use a network drive as one instead? I assume I still need something for the epg and a swap file?

mmoloch
27-11-13, 22:56
I dont think this receiver is blindscan compatible although i could be wrong as i dont own this receiver, the part you quoted is simply a thanks we include to Huevos for his work on the blindscan plugin for those receivers that support it.

Almost all online sellers in the specifications of this receiver have blind scan.

Larry-G
27-11-13, 23:02
Almost all online sellers in the specifications of this receiver have blind scan.

I dont own one so i cant say either way if it does or does not, but if it is blindscan compatible it should have the ViX blinscan plugin installed.

freestyler
29-11-13, 21:24
I installed latest image and got it all working and at first set up it was very fast in the menu etc. Now its extremely slow in the channel listings and when I change channel it takes a while (up to 10 seconds) for the channel to come on. It worked fine on the old build I had on until it crashed.

I am wondering if I have a faulty box? Its the second full flash I have done as I set it up yesterday and the sound just went and I could not get it back so had to flash again.

Any ideas?

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but unsure where would be best?

Larry-G
29-11-13, 22:04
I installed latest image and got it all working and at first set up it was very fast in the menu etc. Now its extremely slow in the channel listings and when I change channel it takes a while (up to 10 seconds) for the channel to come on. It worked fine on the old build I had on until it crashed.

I am wondering if I have a faulty box? Its the second full flash I have done as I set it up yesterday and the sound just went and I could not get it back so had to flash again.

Any ideas?

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this but unsure where would be best?

For starters this is the wrong thread to be posting for support.

secondly we need more info than that in order to start helping you , such as which exact image build ?, have you installed picons and if so where are they stored ?

freestyler
29-11-13, 22:16
Sorry, do you want me to post it again elsewhere?

Its openvix-3.0.793-xp1000. I installed picons from the plugin feeds for 28e and the folder is on root. I have not used the plugin before to to this and have just downloaded them in the past and dropped them in the same place.

Sicilian
30-11-13, 01:12
Sorry, do you want me to post it again elsewhere?

Its openvix-3.0.793-xp1000. I installed picons from the plugin feeds for 28e and the folder is on root. I have not used the plugin before to to this and have just downloaded them in the past and dropped them in the same place.

Read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!&p=250329#post250329

Re-flash and setup fresh http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/&file=How%20to%20flash%20a%20Maxdigital%20XP1000%20-%20Octagon-SF8-HD..pdf

Put your picons on a USB stick.

Add a swap file on USB stick too, Blue button > ViX > Swapfile manager add 256mb swapfile.

Rob van der Does
30-11-13, 06:45
I'm almost sure those sellers have it wrong.

freestyler
30-11-13, 10:15
Done all of that already apart from picon location. Deleted the picon folder now and the plugin to see if it makes a difference. Think its time for a vu+duo2 as I miss my old duo.

I will do another full flash but try an alternative usb drive just in case its that causing it.

Thanks.

freestyler
30-11-13, 11:59
In reply to my own post above.

I have found the issue myself.

It was sluggish in the tv listings and menues and zapping took up to 10 seconds. Now with VFD_SF8 set to always off its perfect again. It was set to on as default which I guess that since the xp1000 has no VFD display that was causing issues.

Hope that helps anyone else with similar issues.

mmoloch
30-11-13, 15:52
I'm almost sure those sellers have it wrong.

Also I've read that some receivers only have blindscan with the original image, during the week will now test with the original image.

My receiver is not the MK XP1000, is the Octagon SF8 HD... as far as I know are the same receiver but the Octagon have the display.

Rob van der Does
30-11-13, 16:05
Where do you find the original image?

Sicilian
30-11-13, 16:53
Also I've read that some receivers only have blindscan with the original image, during the week will now test with the original image.

My receiver is not the MK XP1000, is the Octagon SF8 HD... as far as I know are the same receiver but the Octagon have the display.

Official image here

http://www.octagonfunclub.net/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=OCTAGON_SF8_HD_E2_HDTV-Linux_300413.rar&directory=&