PDA

View Full Version : Only Tuner A available on Auto Scan

madaboutlotus
17-11-12, 19:34
Why is it that Tuner B will ot show up on the Auto Scan screen or be able to switch between them to scan them independantly.

Also, when a scan has completed OK, there is nothing in the Bouquet in 'last scanned' and the programme guide has nothing in it?

There must be a setting I'm missing :confused:

Alec
17-11-12, 22:08
Why is it that Tuner B will ot show up on the Auto Scan screen or be able to switch between them to scan them independantly.

Also, when a scan has completed OK, there is nothing in the Bouquet in 'last scanned' and the programme guide has nothing in it?

There must be a setting I'm missing :confused:

I received my box on Friday and setting up the tuner has been a pain. Having set up numerous boxes, this has been without the worst to set the tuner up. I put it in Advance find the 3 Sat's okay, but on scanning it pick up only about half of them. I finish up in scanning each in simple to get.
the rest. The most SNR I have is 26%. RTL is showing with a very good picture 1% SNR so there must be some bugs. I know the SNR is a only a indicator, but the previous unmentionable box showed 94% on RTL on this 8Ocm Dish. Even fine tuning positioner for a start was a trial, that I connected up a decent Sat meter to fine tune it on the other output of a twin LNB. Every thing else seemed to go okay: installing hd and updates etc. I am tired now so I will, just watch the TV with this box with a beer, and play with it tomorrow. I try the other box to see if any cables are loose.

Trial
17-11-12, 23:27
Hi,
how is your Tuner setup? If Tuner B is "same as A" er "connected with A" then it makes no sense to offer a separate scan. For EPG you have to zap or use crossepg.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 08:54
It certainly proving to be not as straight forward as I thought it would be. There must be a way to tune in Tuner B on the Auto-Scan? I'm sure this would have been tested before it was sent out when the image was put on?

Sicilian
18-11-12, 08:57
Tuner B does show up here for Autoscan. In Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration > What are your Tuner B settings?

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 09:01
Hi,
how is your Tuner setup? If Tuner B is "same as A" er "connected with A" then it makes no sense to offer a separate scan. For EPG you have to zap or use crossepg.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

The tuners are both set up to 28.2E as I have a fixed dish. The DVB-T is set up for Europe as my local transmitter is not in the list. When you do an auto scan there is nothing I have found to change the tuner to B so that will scan a channel list as well.

The EPG is what was on the image when it came. When I first set the box up and it scanned, the programme guide filled with FTA channels and nothing else. Now the programme guide does not fill up with any programmes? I will eventually load crosspeg and Sgt's or MrMister's channel listings but I need to get it working on the basics first.

Sicilian
18-11-12, 09:08
Automatic scan is correct then, if both tuners are the set to the same satellite automatic scan will only select tuner A. If tuner b was motorised or a different fixed satellite then it would appear in automatic scan.

Regards DVB-T: -

Set tuner as Europe, Middle-east, Africa DVB-T frequencies.
Scan using these settings: -

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > Select the correct tuner > Type of scan complete > Network scan YES.

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 09:10
Tuner B does show up here for Autoscan. In Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration > What are your Tuner B settings?
Simple, single, 28.2 Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B, DiSEqC=no
These are the same as Tuner A

Sicilian
18-11-12, 09:10
Simple, single, 28.2 Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B, DiSEqC=no
These are the same as Tuner A

Read post 7 above ;)

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 09:13
Automatic scan is correct then, if both tuners are the set to the same satellite automatic scan will only select tuner A.
Indeed, and why would you want to choose tuner B in that case?

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 09:13
OK Sicilian, then I understand why Tuner B is not showing up, but what does the programme guide list the channels it has successfully scanned?

Sicilian
18-11-12, 09:14
OK Sicilian, then I understand why Tuner B is not showing up, but what does the programme guide list the channels it has successfully scanned?

Look for a Last scanned bouquet.

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 09:15
Indeed, and why would you want to choose tuner B in that case?
I though that Tuner B had to have channel scan loaded as well so that if recording on both tuner it would have programme reference, if that makes sence

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 09:16
Look for a Last scanned bouquet.

Did that, nothing shows?

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 09:17
I though that Tuner B had to have channel scan loaded as well so that if recording on both tuner it would have programme reference, if that makes sence
No: fortunately there's only one channel list. Depending on the tuner configuration tuners can use services from that list.

I know a lot of 'closed source' boxes work indeed the (horrible) way you suggested.

Sicilian
18-11-12, 09:20
Did that, nothing shows?

Try a manual scan. Tbh, this thread is starting to go completely off topic and really do not understand what exactly you are trying to do. You mention program guide in 1st post, but no EPG will ever show unless EPG has been setup correctly.

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 09:20
No: fortunately there's only one channel list. Depending on the tuner configuration tuners can use services from that list.

I know a lot of 'closed source' boxes work indeed the (horrible) way you suggested.

Perish the thoought 'a closed source box' :eek: Still need to sort out where all my channel are located. Is there any other settings I have maybe missed?

Sicilian
18-11-12, 09:21
Perish the thoought 'a closed source box' :eek: Still need to sort out where all my channel are located. Is there any other settings I have maybe missed?

Press down arrow under OK, then press Blue button for bouquets.

madaboutlotus
18-11-12, 09:28
Try a manual scan. Tbh, this thread is starting to go completely off topic and really do not understand what exactly you are trying to do. You mention program guide in 1st post, but no EPG will ever show unless EPG has been setup correctly.
The programme guide I'm referring to is what displays on this image so I assume it did not need any setup. I may have strayed a bit of the missing tuner topic but it was related to where the scanned channels were being displayed, Apologies, should have started another thread.

Larry-G
18-11-12, 09:36
The tuners are both set up to 28.2E as I have a fixed dish. The DVB-T is set up for Europe as my local transmitter is not in the list. When you do an auto scan there is nothing I have found to change the tuner to B so that will scan a channel list as well.

The EPG is what was on the image when it came. When I first set the box up and it scanned, the programme guide filled with FTA channels and nothing else. Now the programme guide does not fill up with any programmes? I will eventually load crosspeg and Sgt's or MrMister's channel listings but I need to get it working on the basics first.

I very briefly dabbled with the idea of creating a terrestrial.xml for every terrestrial transmitter mast in the UK but very quickly decided it would be a massive waste of time.

There are only something like 48 or 49 frequencies covering the Whole of the UK so setting up a terrestrial.xml for a specific mast would in fact handicap the receiver as it would no longer have the full list of possible frequencies.

You can however replace the default file that contains a lot of junk intended for other countries by loading a UK specific file with all the UK frequencies from here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20847-ViX-Team-Terrestrial-xml-files&p=153898&viewfull=1#post153898

Larry-G
18-11-12, 09:39

no thats not rite, all tuners will work from the same channel list or bouquet, you only need to scan once to obtain the data or use a premade bouquet.

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 09:47
You can however replace the default file that contains a lot of junk intended for other countries by loading a UK specific file with all the UK frequencies from here
What would be the benefit of that?
And tbh: I'm not entirely sure such a file wouldn't be overwritten during an image update.

Larry-G
18-11-12, 09:53
What would be the benefit of that?
And tbh: I'm not entirely sure such a file wouldn't be overwritten during an image update.

I created that file because i was bored out of my skull at work one morning and wanted something to keep me busy for a little while, plus the receiver it was going to be used on would only ever be used for terrestrial broadcasts in the uk and did not need all the rest of the clutter that comes included as standard. as for being overwritten just copy the file to etc/enigma2 in the same was as you would a satellites.xml file an that should prevent it being overwritten.

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 09:58
I created that file because i was bored out of my skull at work one morning and wanted something to keep me busy for a little while, plus the receiver it was going to be used on would only ever be used for terrestrial broadcasts in the uk and did not need all the rest of the clutter that comes included as standard.
But apart from therapeutic purposes, however useful they can be, I really don't think the box would benefit from a few lines of text less in it's memory.

as for being overwritten just copy the file to etc/enigma2 in the same was as you would a satellites.xml file an that should prevent it being overwritten.
OK, I wasn't sure it would work the same for this file.