PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] airplayer on vix 3.0

loopy123
17-11-12, 17:13
hi i had airplayer working great on vix 2.4 can some one help me with best version to use on vix 3.0 268.can you put a link up please. thanks

Larry-G
17-11-12, 17:29
hi i had airplayer working great on vix 2.4 can some one help me with best version to use on vix 3.0 268.can you put a link up please. thanks

That is now a very old build. You may be best updating to a newer build then going from there. 410 is the current stable build.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

loopy123
17-11-12, 17:52
Thanks for your quick response i will try upgrading to 410. I have tried Airplayer 2.4 and 3.1and both versions once i had put them on came up with error code as follows when i clicked on plugins:
some plugins are not available: Extensions/AirPlayer(Bad magic number in/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions/Airplayer/_init_.pyo)
I shall upgrade to 410 and report back to you, in the meantime any other advice much appreciated.
Thankyou
Loopy

loopy123
17-11-12, 17:59
i cannot find a version 410 in the feeds, the latest is 416, do you think this is a decent stable one? they change so quick

loopy123
17-11-12, 18:41
same problem on 416:confused:

Mr. Mister
17-11-12, 18:58
416 will be fine guys..

After you flash the 416.. you can do the online updates to bright you right up to date with build 420.. It will only take a couple of minutes..

Hope this helps..

loopy123
17-11-12, 19:09
thanks mr mister! just struggling with airplayer carn't get it working!your bouqets are the best!!

Clabs
19-11-12, 13:49
Loopy

Have a read through this thread: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15218-Airplayer-(Airplay-server-for-enigma2)&highlight=airplayer

Post number 69 sums up nicely what you will need to do to get this running.

Shout if you get stuck.

loopy123
09-12-12, 14:53
Cheers clabs for your feed back!
now on 445 had problem recording with epg on higher updates
Looked through the feeds same problem with air player it won't let me start it
It says
Extensions/Air player(Bad magic number in/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions/Airplayer/_init_.pyo)
It worked on 2.4 do you think it's because I Haven't made a donation?it was a bit a go only used it for 3 days
Any help would be grateful Loopy

darken9
04-01-13, 18:05
I have installed this successfully and can stream music and video from my pc via iTunes. Now what I really want is to stream youtube clips from my browser? How are others doing this?

Clabs
04-01-13, 19:42
Loopy

If you are running Vix 3.0 then you are going to need to install the mips32 version of Airplayer. I have attached version 0.3.1 which is the latest stable version.

The only difference that donating will make is that you will not be able to stream MP3's but Youtube and pictures should work fine.

This is working well for me on Vix 552.

Daytona
29-01-13, 20:16
I have done all as stated in this thread and have Airplayer 0.3.2b5 plugin installed and activated but do not see Airplayer on my iphone.

In my ignorance may I ask if the Airplayer app must also be installed on the phone ?
Running Vix 3.0 574

Thanks

Larry-G
29-01-13, 20:21
yes you also need the airplayer app installed on the iphone / ipad etc.

Daytona
29-01-13, 20:39
Many thanks Pheonix. I confess I am a NUMPTY :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Larry-G
29-01-13, 20:41
Many thanks Pheonix. I confess I am a NUMPTY :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nahh we all have to learn some how, we were all newbies at some point and most still are.

Clabs
29-01-13, 20:43
Glad you are sorted now.

Having said, we have never had to install anything on our ipads/phones - they just work out of the box.

Daytona
29-01-13, 20:58
Glad you are sorted now.

Having said, we have never had to install anything on our ipads/phones - they just work out of the box.

@Clabs, not sure what you mean as it implies Airplayer app is not necessary on iphone which means plugin is not working ?:confused:

afc_rich
29-01-13, 21:04
If you double tap the home button on the iphone it will bring up the bottom taskbar. Scroll to the left until you get to the volume screen. Press the button (Triange in rectangle) and redirect to the AirPlayer server :-)

Clabs
29-01-13, 21:19
Daytona

As AFC says, that is one way to get to that icon on your iphone.

Try in your camera roll. Display a picture and you will see the the second button in from the right is also the same rectagle with a triangle/up arrow. Press that and you get the option to display on your phone or Airplayer E2. You wil get the same icon in Youtube and Music apps.

Daytona
29-01-13, 21:45
Crikey, thanks a lot all.
Works a treat with photos but stutters on video playback

Clabs
29-01-13, 22:00
Crikey, thanks a lot all.
Works a treat with photos but stutters on video playback

Nice one matey :)

Remember that your Iphone will need good reception to your wireless network for videos and forget HD stuff! You can always adjust the buffer in Airplayer (on your receiver) so that playback is delayed until a worthwhile chunk of the file is ready to play.

Music works well too but you only get 14 days for that unless you donate to the plugin author. It's only 5 euro but as the whole family use it ALL the time it was money well spent.

Daytona
29-01-13, 22:15
All, thanks very much for your inputs and for what I want I am well pleased being able to just display photos on the TV wirelessly from my iphone or ipad.
Brilliant facility and just proves the power and versatility of Ultimo and of course Vix :thumbsup::thumbsup:
And very importantly how would we cope and progress without this forum.

Kind regards