PDA

View Full Version : Idiots Guide

madaboutlotus
17-11-12, 09:18
Hi all

Just received my Quad and as I am used to setting up everything for a DM machine, this box and image is teking a bit of fathoming out. Is there any idiots guide to how to set up the channel list, bouquets (I'm used to SgtFlipFlop's via DB Edit) etc. I know it's all out there somewhere but some basic pointers for a GB receiver would be good. I'm using FileZilla for ftp transfers.

Sicilian
17-11-12, 09:25
Guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

Settings/bouqets here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings

Dreamboxedit is same as setting up on DMM machine.

Rob van der Does
17-11-12, 09:31
Dreamboxedit is same as setting up on DMM machine.
... apart from the bouquets & satellites.xml going to etc/enigma2 (if you're using ViX that is).

madaboutlotus
17-11-12, 09:51
Thanks Sicilian I assumed that you would have to use another proprietry pice of software for VIX.

Thanks Rob.

madaboutlotus
17-11-12, 10:00
I have moved the box to another room so I can setup without disrupting the main TV in the lounge, but the channel scan seems to be taking 10x as long and it is not finding as my channels as in the lounge. It is off the same Octo LNB using the same cable type?? Why would this be, any ideas.

spv4u
17-11-12, 10:25
Have you tried Rats channel list? Google "Rat's Bouquets HD"

If you find the thread and go to the last page there is 13 at the moment he has an app in his signature. Just install that and reboot your box and it will appear in your plugin directory. Run that and it downloads and updates the channels etc straight on the box.

You might find it useful :)

Larry-G
17-11-12, 10:46
Thanks Sicilian I assumed that you would have to use another proprietry pice of software for VIX.

Thanks Rob.

It's the exact same software and procedure to load a bouquet to any enigma2 based receiver. So you should not have any problems there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Larry-G
17-11-12, 10:50
Have you tried Rats channel list? Google "Rat's Bouquets HD"

If you find the thread and go to the last page there is 13 at the moment he has an app in his signature. Just install that and reboot your box and it will appear in your plugin directory. Run that and it downloads and updates the channels etc straight on the box.

You might find it useful :)

I know some will disagree with me and they always do, but I personally see no need what so ever for using rats plugin. It's just as easy to FTP a bouquet pack to your receiver as to use his plugin, and with both methods your still waiting form someone to update the channels etc.

marty
17-11-12, 12:15
I've always used Silverfoxs setting and since he no longer does them I'm using Mr.Misters setting (he carried on from silverfox AFAIK, and doing a great job too :thumbsup: )

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18545-Mr-Mister-Vix-28-2-East-Bouquets&p=170944&viewfull=1#post170944

It's been a VERY long time since I've done a scan when I owned a DUO and I've NEVER done a scan on the Quad.
I just use DBEDIT to send the channel list to the box, just like many others here ;)

spv4u
17-11-12, 12:29
I would guess it would depend on your experience. I'm no Linux or enigma wizard and just like the fact I can load the latest channel list using the remote without having to fire up a computer to download and FTP the files over.

Each to their own I guess.

marty
17-11-12, 12:33
I would guess it would depend on your experience. I'm no Linux or enigma wizard and just like the fact I can load the latest channel list using the remote without having to fire up a computer to download and FTP the files over.

Each to their own I guess.

Well if it works and you are happy with it why not ;)
I don't think there is a "right or wrong" way to do alot of things, just plenty of "alternative" ways :D
When I 1st got a Linux box it was a bit confusing :confused: but you do pick things up fairly quickly.
My advice would be to make an image backup once you are happy and then reflash and have a really good mess/play one day (when the wife is out, women HATE their men playing with their equipment :rolleyes: ) and if things go tits up or you arn't happy you can restore the whole lot to how it was in a couple of mins :cool:

Rob van der Does
17-11-12, 13:33
Then the best way is to install a settings file of tour choice from the feeds. It will be updated on every image-update (or even separately) via the GUI.

madaboutlotus
17-11-12, 14:33
I must admit that I have always used the Sgt's listing with no trouble, so I will sick with that once I can get my box setup.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
17-11-12, 14:34
I must admit that I have always used the Sgt's listing with no trouble, so I will sick with that once I can get my box setup.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately you may not have that option as the sarge has hung up his keyboard owing to poor health.

madaboutlotus
17-11-12, 19:38
Hi Pheonix.
Yes I know about the Sgt's ill health but, I would use it to prove the listings as I have uploaded successfully before. So it was better the devil you know, once I can get the box correct?