View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Force reload

alba1978
17-11-12, 08:59
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Is there any chance of getting back this option on cross epg please

Rob van der Does
17-11-12, 09:07
Is there any chance of getting back this option on cross epg please
It has been deleted as it has no function in ViX.

alba1978
17-11-12, 09:12
I keep losing my epg data and use to using it to reload it back and now I have to download it all over .any other function does the same

Rob van der Does
17-11-12, 09:28
I keep losing my epg data and use to using it to reload it back and now I have to download it all over .any other function does the same
First of all 'loosing EPG-data' is something that shouldn't happen. That's something that should be fixed.
Secondly: the ViX EPG setup has options for this: it can auto-save & auto load the data. That's the reason it has bene removed from the Cross menu.

scruff1963
17-11-12, 09:43
I have a tmtwin and use rytec and if I reboot the box the load data doesn't work.
To be honest I just start a manual download as it doesn't take long and the missus can still watch tv.
I have tried saving data then rebooting the box but the load data still doesn't work.
To be honest I rarely reboot my box it's normally just to update the image so i'm not really fussed.

I don't use crossepg but assume the load epg works for any method.

Rob van der Does
17-11-12, 10:02
Sorry, I thought you used Cross: for XMLTV-import nothing has been changed.
Pleas show me a screenshot of your EPG-settings (Menu --> Setup --> System --> EPG --> Settings).

pooface
17-11-12, 10:37
Tbh, I agree that crosse-g force reload should be added back. There are times when the box crashes, and if a autosave hasn't been setup or performed by that time, you need to wait through the download again. Whereas with the force reload, you don't ...

Not fussed either way really for my own use, but think it should be left on, as it doesn't have any effect on the rest of the box and is usually only set to show if you enter the crossers folder

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

scruff1963
17-11-12, 11:01
Here is the screenshot.
To be honest I rarely reboot my box it's normally only to update the image.

It's nice that the twin is so stable now after the work put in by the vix team that it doesn't need to be restarted 4 times a day.

alba1978
17-11-12, 11:36
my set up is the same but i dont know why my epg data just goes.with force reload i just reloaded them again but now i have to do a fresh crossepg download.

Rob van der Does
17-11-12, 12:48
Here is the screenshot.
To be honest I rarely reboot my box it's normally only to update the image.

It's nice that the twin is so stable now after the work put in by the vix team that it doesn't need to be restarted 4 times a day.
OK, settings seem to be fine. I just wanted to make that sure.
Next question is to save the epg.dat manual via the menu, and to check your HDD if that is actually being done.
If so, I would like you to load the data again, while lloking at your HDD; the file epg.dat should (for a short while) change to epg.loading, and then to epg.dat again. Does all that happen?

TK4|2|1
17-11-12, 18:54
I've lost my epg on a TMTwin too, I've tried opentv and rytec. If I hit the load from settings it doesn't load. The epg.dat on the HDD is being refreshed every morning at 4am.
If I don't loose the epg after a reboot etc I do loose it after 7 days, it's just not refreshing. My settings are the same as posted above.
Using latest VIx (updated today).
The only way I can get it back is to long press blue and run crossepg downloaded and wait while it redownloads info

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Larry-G
17-11-12, 20:42
Maybe i'm getting the wrong end of the stick here but i just flashed 420 to my twin and if your just using CrossEPG with the OpenTV sources for 28.2 east just make sure you have the following selected.

Menu> Setup> System> EPG> CrossEPG> Configure> Show as extension YES.

You will now have the option to download the EPG again directly via Blue Button> CrossEPG Downloader.

for me the above is by far the easiest method as it re-downloads the EPG in less than 1 minute.

alba1978
17-11-12, 20:45
My issue is if have a crash I lose all my epg data.before with reload option just reloaded without the need to download sell over.

TK4|2|1
17-11-12, 20:58
Maybe i'm getting the wrong end of the stick here but i just flashed 420 to my twin and if your just using CrossEPG with the OpenTV sources for 28.2 east just make sure you have the following selected.

Menu> Setup> System> EPG> CrossEPG> Configure> Show as extension YES.

You will now have the option to download the EPG again directly via Blue Button> CrossEPG Downloader.

for me the above is by far the easiest method as it re-downloads the EPG in less than 1 minute.

Yes, that's how mine is set and it works first off, but as others have said, after a crash the epg doesn't populate and I've noticed that after 7 days my epg doesn't populate either no mater what.

Rob van der Does
17-11-12, 21:43
Conclusion: several boxes don't write epg.dat on stopping E2 (this should also happen on a crash).
We need debuglogs to be able to look into this.
And answers on these questions (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23154-Force-reload&p=172448&viewfull=1#post172448), also debuglogged.

alba1978
17-11-12, 22:50
I email all my logs via my box .is that what you looking for

TK4|2|1
17-11-12, 23:42
Where or who shall I email some to?

Larry-G
17-11-12, 23:53
upload them to this thread and or use the inbuilt logs manager to send them to us directly from the receiver it self.

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 06:25
I haven't found any logs (yet?).
And I (still?) see no answers to my questions.

We need both to be able to help you!

scruff1963
18-11-12, 09:32
I will check later, it'sc difficult to play of a weekend because of the kids and the tv.
I don't have crash logs, This box has only crashed 4 times since I have had it, my epg.dat saves fine it just doesn't reload after a reboot if I go to the load epg menu.
It's not a problem as I just manually download again.

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 09:38
I don't have crash logs..
Nope, I need the debuglogs. Please activate them via the logmanager-setup (don't forget to restart GUI when done), do as requested and post them here.

my epg.dat saves fine it just doesn't reload after a reboot if I go to the load epg menu.

That's what I would like to be answered accoring to my questions please.

It's not a problem as I just manually download again.
Yes it is a problem: apparently things don't work as they should.

TK4|2|1
18-11-12, 10:31
here are 3 of the most recent debug logs, although this morning epg.dat is missing, for some reason today, from HDD as the last log shows

alba1978
18-11-12, 10:49
unfortunatley did a fresh install last week and my logs weren't saved.I have set it up now and as soon as i have a crash will loaded up here.And the answer to your question is no you doesn't do what you asked on your question.

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 10:51
In both logs from the 17th reading and writing epg.dat is fine; however in the log from the 18th the file epg.dat can't be found. I have no idea what has happened in the meantime: the logs don't show anything going wrong.

Now I really need someone who experiences those problems to do what has been asked here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23154-Force-reload&p=172448&viewfull=1#post172448) while the debuglog is running.

Rob van der Does
18-11-12, 10:52
unfortunatley did a fresh install last week and my logs weren't saved.I have set it up now and as soon as i have a crash will loaded up here.And the answer to your question is no you doesn't do what you asked on your question.
I'm not looking for a crashlog.......
I need debuglogs while doing what has been asked. I really can't help you without that.

alba1978
18-11-12, 10:59
OK, settings seem to be fine. I just wanted to make that sure.
Next question is to save the epg.dat manual via the menu,done that
and to check your HDD if that is actually being done.
If so, I would like you to load the data again, while lloking at your HDD; the file epg.dat should (for a short while) change to epg.loading, and then to epg.dat again. Does all that happen?
it does do that and it is doing right now as i write this reply.it has been doing it for over 5 minutes.

TK4|2|1
18-11-12, 11:13
In both logs from the 17th reading and writing epg.dat is fine; however in the log from the 18th the file epg.dat can't be found. I have no idea what has happened in the meantime: the logs don't show anything going wrong.

Now I really need someone who experiences those problems to do what has been asked here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23154-Force-reload&p=172448&viewfull=1#post172448) while the debuglog is running.

Yeah 1 from 18th was a mystery to me too. When I got up this morning box was on, usually i leave it in standby
I've got epg.dat back by re downloading, but it's still not populating the epg, tell a lie, it is but only freesat channels.
I've tried a restart, restart enigma and load option in epg menu but still nothing.

alba1978
18-11-12, 11:57
it does do that and it is doing right now as i write this reply.it has been doing it for over 5 minutes.
and is continuing to do so still and no joy as still have no epg data.

TK4|2|1
18-11-12, 12:16
I'm going to try stopping enigma in telnet, deleting all epg/crossepg files, then restarting enigma. Then running download again, once I can get my kids off the pc.
Need an iPad telnet app.

Larry-G
18-11-12, 12:32
I'm going to try stopping enigma in telnet, deleting all epg/crossepg files, then restarting enigma. Then running download again, once I can get my kids off the pc.
Need an iPad telnet app.

Google Get console for the ipad.

or look it up via itunes store

alba1978
18-11-12, 12:47
I use Mocha Telnet lite and it works perfect

TK4|2|1
18-11-12, 13:45
Used mocha telnet lite (I'm a tight arse) worked, stopped enigma deleted all files, restarted enigma epg now populated, will see how it goes.

scruff1963
19-11-12, 20:36
I have looked at mine again.
load epg from the menu doesn't work but I have set it to reload on reboot and it's working fine now.
I use xmltv (rytec) so it must be different.