PDA

View Full Version : et9000 crash recovery

brighteyes
16-11-12, 23:16
My et9000 crashed completely last September. It went to the loading sequence and then entered a continuous loop putting a log onto the HDD and starting again. the image was so old the vix team could offer little help. I thought it was a write off. So I tried a few experiments. My wifi access was still working. I finally went to the path Root-Lib-Modules-2.6.18.7.4 and found an image, which I deleted.

I now had a STB which said 'booting' and nothing else and a blank TV. At least the loop had stopped:). I had already tried to update the loader and the image with everything I could find but had no indication that even the loader had worked except that the loop had speeded up. I pasted image 2.1 to where I had deleted the image and into Lib and Root. I also tried to flash 2.1- nothing! I then tried an old loader for et9000 - nothing! I then restarted and the STB showed et9X00. Bingo! So I tried to flash image 3.0 as advised by the VIX team- and it worked although I missed pressind the OK button several times.

Just thought it might help others with serious problems. Bye:thumbsup: