PDA

View Full Version : LCD Screen

superfly
16-11-12, 10:32
Hi!

I've got one eye on the Gigablue Quad and the other on the Vu+ Duo2. I like the LCD screen on both receivers. My question is, with the Quad and without my TV on, can I choose a folder with music and play it? (Hooked to my Hi-fi) All through the LCD screen on the receiver. For example, turn it on, go to music folder, go down to P, then Pink Floyd, then album, then track. Would I be able to see this info, without my TV on?

Thanks in advance!!

Superfly

XabiX
16-11-12, 11:17
good question. (by the way I don't know why but I don't have picons on my LCD)

Rob van der Does
16-11-12, 11:25
Not having a QUAD I can't be sure. But I think the Ultimo is comparable in this area: there it is very well possible what you want. The presentation on the screen is dependant on the image used.

rossi2000
16-11-12, 11:55
it is possible yes although the text is quite small on the quad lcd.

superfly
16-11-12, 12:20
it is possible yes although the text is quite small on the quad lcd.

Thanks! Yeah, it's only 2" - She Said : ) - But if the DUO2 is over 500€ I'll be getting the QUAD as the SOLO2 doesn't have a LCD screen and only has 256mb flash memory. By the way, having only 256mb flash memory, it is possible to use a USB Flash Pen to add more flash memory?

Rob van der Does
16-11-12, 12:33
Thanks! Yeah, it's only 2" - She Said : ) - But if the DUO2 is over 500€ I'll be getting the QUAD as the SOLO2 doesn't have a LCD screen and only has 256mb flash memory. By the way, having only 256mb flash memory, it is possible to use a USB Flash Pen to add more flash memory?
There is a plugin for that (FlashExtender) that does the job.
But I would await the official specs when the box hits the markets.

superfly
16-11-12, 12:36
There is a plugin for that (FlashExtender) that does the job.
But I would await the official specs when the box hits the markets.

Many thanks! Originally it was 128mb as stated on their brochure at Anga 2012 but VU+ answered a message on Facebook stating that they had changed it to 256mb. If true it is a disappointment, it should be at least 512mb. Anyway, let's wait and see... :)

madaboutlotus
19-11-12, 16:35
Hi

The stock LCD screen that is displayed on the advertising for the Quad, is that a customised or standard screen?

Larry-G
19-11-12, 16:42
Hi

The stock LCD screen that is displayed on the advertising for the Quad, is that a customised or standard screen?

That's default to that particular image, which I believe is the openmips image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

madaboutlotus
19-11-12, 17:02
thanks Pheonix, just wondered why it didn't come up on the VIX 3.0 image I had installed. Looks nice though. I'll ask another question about the image on another thread.