PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix 3.0 Dual Recording problems, please help.

matthewp150
15-11-12, 20:12
Hi, I have recently installed Vix 3.0 build 204 on a VU+ duo, I have found that when two programmes are set to record at the same time the receiver changes the channel from the one that you are watching as it should, but it then lets you change channel and watch something else so that one of the recordings doesnt work, I would have expected it to tell me that there is no spare tuner as I have it set for recordings to always take priority, is there another setting for this? Ive tried for ages but cant find it, sorry if this has been asked before, I have looked but cant find it in the forums.
I have before been using Blackhole but have to say this image is superb, thanks for alll your hard work on it.

Mr. Mister
15-11-12, 20:30
Hi buddy..

build 204 is quite old now.. Why not update to the latest build which is Build 416..

Quite a few things have changed since 204.. and you will stand a much better chance of getting your problem fixed when you on the same build as everyone else..

matthewp150
15-11-12, 20:32
Wow what a quick response, thanks I will do that now, will the online update function do that or do I need to reflash, sorry if thats a silly question Im new rto vix images. Thanks

Larry-G
15-11-12, 20:33
you can do either a online update or a fresh flash.

personally for such a large leap i would go for a fresh flash to 413 from the download center then do a online update from there to 416.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/

matthewp150
15-11-12, 20:34
Thanks very much I will do that

matthewp150
15-11-12, 21:53
I have now upgraded to build 416, and still have the same problem, Id appreciate any further advice you may have, only thing I forgot to mention was I am using VIX night HD skin.

judge
15-11-12, 21:55
What are your tuner settings?

matthewp150
15-11-12, 21:59
They are both showing:
BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM
28.2E Eutelsat 28A and Astra 1N/2A/2B

Larry-G
15-11-12, 22:12
you do know that even when recording two different programs you can still watch another providing it's in the same quadrant as one of the two recordings. High / low. Vertical / horizontal etc. only those available will show in the channel list all others will be grayed out.

so your saying that when you have two recordings taking place you can change the channel and it kills one of the existing recordings ?.

matthewp150
15-11-12, 22:21
Yes thats right, you can just change the channel as normal with the channel keys, and it stops one of the recordings working. I have always been used to it displaying "no free tuner" or something similar when trying to change channel when 2 recordings are in progress.
Thanks for your replies.

Rob van der Does
16-11-12, 06:32
Yes thats right, you can just change the channel as normal with the channel keys, and it stops one of the recordings working.
What's your setting of Menu --> Setup --> System -->Recordings settings --> 'Recordings have always priority'?

matthewp150
16-11-12, 19:55
Yes Recordings always have priority is set to yes.

matthewp150
24-11-12, 18:28
Hi, thanks for all your responses to my above question, as no one seemed to have heard of this problem I reflashed the image and went through the setup and its now working perfectly and will only let me change to channels that dont affect the recordings.
Keep up all the good work.