PDA

View Full Version : Guide how to flash MK / MaxDigitial XP1000 enigma 2 receiver

Sicilian
15-11-12, 16:48
As the title, guide how to flash MK / MaxDigitial XP1000 enigma 2 receiver.

1) Format a USB stick FAT32.
2) Download your image and extract then copy the whole XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
3) Connect to rear USB port and power on.
4) Wait for both RED REC LED and LED on front standby button to appear RED then press CH+ behind front flap.
5) Wait for the image to flash, during the procedure the standby button LED will appear purple.
6) Once complete the XP1000 will automatically reboot.

Larry-G
13-06-13, 00:58
New Tutorial for flashing the Maxdigital XP1000 satellite receiver in .pdf format for portability.

Larry-G
08-10-13, 17:12
New amended tutorial covering both the Maxdigital XP1000 and the Octagon-SF8-HD.
These receivers are identical barring the inclusion of a small display on the Octagon-SF8-HD and both receivers use the same images with a slightly different flash procedure as listed in the .pdf file.

tomsel
17-12-13, 13:11
As the title, guide how to flash MK / MaxDigitial XP1000 enigma 2 receiver.

1) Format a USB stick FAT32.
2) Download your image and extract then copy the whole XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
3) Connect to rear USB port and power on.
4) Wait for both RED REC LED and LED on front standby button to appear RED then press CH+ behind front flap.
5) Wait for the image to flash, during the procedure the standby button LED will appear purple.
6) Once complete the XP1000 will automatically reboot.

Thank you very mutch for this guide. I was able to flash my xp1000 - only one time.
Now I'm trying to flash another image, but it dosn't work any more.

Is there any other way, for example via a console command?
I know, OpenAaf provides a menu item to flash any images, but VIX (which i'm using currently) flashes only vix-Images - does it?

I would be grateful if anyone could help me further

Larry-G
17-12-13, 13:50
Now I'm trying to flash another image, but it dosn't work any more.

Is there any other way, for example via a console command?
I know, OpenAaf provides a menu item to flash any images, but VIX (which i'm using currently) flashes only vix-Images - does it?

No thats incorrect, you can flash any image either from a USB stick or directly through the image manager, look on www.openvix.co.uk in the guides section for a few tutorials which may help you.

Sicilian
17-12-13, 13:52
Use a USB stick MAX8GB in size, genuine Kingston is best.

Format FAT32 using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool