PDA

View Full Version : Can not telnet Vu+Duo remotely

unisat
14-09-10, 19:47
Hi,

Tried to telnet my Vu+ from work using putty without success. I used to easily do it with my dreambox.

What sort of setup/configuration/which ports to use should be done on Vu+ to enable remote telnet my device.

TIA

DrProzac
14-09-10, 20:36
All I've got set up is to forward port 23 from my outgoing work ip address and forward it onto my VU+

Works fine for me, are you sure your System Administrator allows outgoing Telnet connections?
Also can you telnet ok from your local lan to your VU+

Also if your using Putty make sure it's port 23 and not ssh (port 22) or any other of the options.

unisat
15-09-10, 11:32
"All I've got set up is to forward port 23 from my outgoing work ip address and forward it onto my VU+"
can you explain further in detail this please How did you that.

Thanks

bobonthejob
15-09-10, 11:38
You just need to forward the port on your router...to the IP address of your box.

Thats how i have it setup and works a treat.

pooface
15-09-10, 14:40
Like others said, forward port 23 to the ip of your duo. However, some works do not allow telnet out of the lan... I know that I am unable to connect to my duo via telnet or ftp, at they have disabled those protocols :(

unisat
15-09-10, 15:17
Like others said, f
. However, some works do not allow telnet out of the lan... I know that I am unable to connect to my duo via telnet or ftp, at they have disabled those protocols :(

Hi pooface
I did forward port 23 to the ip of my duo.

I did both start and end port 23 and choose both tcp/udp

without success.
rgda

basilyoung
15-09-10, 16:06
have you still got port 23 set to your dreambox address (mac/or ip)?? on your router??, if so, edit the router setting

baz

unisat
16-09-10, 07:15
have you still got port 23 set to your dreambox address (mac/or ip)?? on your router??, if so, edit the router setting

baz

What do you mean.

I already did that. See my previous post.

pooface
16-09-10, 08:34
What do you mean.

I already did that. See my previous post.

Can you access the telnet from a different location?! i.e. if unable to access at work, can you try at friends house? Might be one location is blocking the outgoing connections...

Also, what bas was meaning, is, was your old dreambox ip, for example, 192.168.0.150, whereas the vu duo ip address is 192.168.0.100?! In your router, do you still have it set to 192.168.0.150 rather than the 192.168.0.100... Also, have you tried telnetting in the box from inside your internet?! Does that work?!