PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] bouqeut along the top of epg

josh_g
13-11-12, 11:51
Hi all,

using the latest VIX image on my TM-twin. i was just wondering if it possible to set up the epg like sky.. i.e wen pressing epg button having all the channels listes along the top like is sky?

currently wen i press the up down arrow it puts me in a list of channels but i would like it set up like you do on sky.. any help much apriciated

garyblas
13-11-12, 14:23
If you find a way let us all know. Sure its possible just needs someone to slave away at code and produce it.

Larry-G
13-11-12, 14:39
one of our team did try to produce such as style but the shear amount of man hours needed to pull it off is in the several hundreds, which is a frankly unrealistic proposition.

josh_g
13-11-12, 16:06
hmm thats a real shame.. it would be a nice feature to have! if it ever does happen please let me know

TK4|2|1
13-11-12, 16:13
hmm thats a real shame.. it would be a nice feature to have! if it ever does happen please let me know

I agree. Shame someone can't grab the sky image, it is after all Linux, and port it to enigma.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

Mr. Mister
13-11-12, 16:16
I dont understand why you would even want it to look like sky.. ???

Its awefull looking..

Larry-G
13-11-12, 16:26
I agree. Shame someone can't grab the sky image, it is after all Linux, and port it to enigma.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

There would likely be copywrite implications involved if some one did do such a thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

josh_g
13-11-12, 17:34
its not so much to look like sky just for ease of getting the EPG to tranfer between folders with out having to leave it and come back in. if it could be ported and moded to a vix skin that would be ideal!

tonyvix
13-11-12, 18:24
I dont understand why you would even want it to look like sky.. ???

Its awefull looking..

My wife won't go near the Duo.

Awful she says compared to series link on Sky. We record EVERYTHING !!!!

I kid you not....she will not go near it. I am paying £21.50 per month for Sky EPG. She is not even interested in HD !

Women !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

josh_g
13-11-12, 18:32
my girlfreind hates the TM-twin but i love it! so being as i pay the bills the skybox went!!!!!

mickyblueys
13-11-12, 18:49
my girlfreind hates the TM-twin but i love it! so being as i pay the bills the skybox went!!!!!

Touche.......I done exactly the same, my wife hates my duo.....but sod her I'm gonna buy another one for my bedroom. Just to piss her off.:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
13-11-12, 19:16
currently wen i press the up down arrow it puts me in a list of channels but i would like it set up like you do on sky.. any help much apriciated
I have no idea what a SkyBox presents, so please explain to me exactly what you would like to happen on pushing 'arrow-down'.

Larry-G
13-11-12, 19:20
Lol i know the feeling, i have been trying for years to get my dad to part with his sky box and slowly i'm starting to win the battle ( after leaving a box with him to play with for a while ). Dont get me wrong i really like the simplicity of the sky series link but in my opinion the enigma 2 OS offers all of this and much more customization, The only thing it cant do is adjust on the fly when a program overruns.

Mr. Mister
13-11-12, 19:30
The only thing it cant do is adjust on the fly when a program overruns.

Yep.. Thats true.. But its usually only live transitions that over run..

So for any live transitions recordings that i record.. i always set the time to do 1 hour extra.. Just in case..

This always solves this issue..

Rob van der Does
13-11-12, 19:31
The only thing it cant do is adjust on the fly when a program overruns.
Sorry, will be my bad English, but what does that mean?

Mr. Mister
13-11-12, 19:36
Timer set for this.. :

Programme start time : 6.pm
Programme finish time : 7pm

Programme over runs by 15 minutes.. so programme does not finish until 7.15 pm..

If this was being recorded.. The last 15 minutes are now missing from the recording..

Larry-G
13-11-12, 19:48
Sorry, will be my bad English, but what does that mean?

Timer set for this.. :

Programme over runs by 15 minutes.. so programme does not finish until 7.15 pm..

If this was being recorded.. The last 15 minutes are now missing from the recording..

yes rob pretty much as MR.mister said.

so for example on a sky box you just press record on the program you want, be it a one time event or a series link recording. if for any reason the program over runs unexpectedly the sky box will compensate on the fly or in real time. This is just not possible on a enigma box but can be alleviated by setting a buffer before and after for example in the case of live sporting events.

as another example. i'm recording a movie tonight at 10pm and that movie is pushed back half a hour at the last moment due to a overrun on another program or a live news bulletin etc etc etc, the sky box would compensate and adjust accordingly where as the enigma2 box can not unless you set a buffer which would be impractical. By the way this is not a request as i know it's not feasible for such a feature to be incorporated but it is a nice feature of a official sky box.

andyblac
13-11-12, 19:49
Timer set for this.. :

just edit the current running timer ;), it will allow you you update it ;), but of course if your not around to do so, that is a bumber :D

Rob van der Does
13-11-12, 19:50
Timer set for this.. :

Ahh, that's why I set all timers to start 5 mins early and to stop 30 mins late. Even with the very bad timings I'm used to (Dutch telly) that hardly ever goes wrong.

Mr. Mister
13-11-12, 19:54
99.9% of the time.. it never happens on pre-recorded programmes..

This only happens when its a live programme being broadcast..

Rob van der Does
13-11-12, 19:59
In the UK you're very lucky in this respect: programs always start on the dot.
Over here one has to hope any program to start within 10 minutes of the announced time.......

josh_g
13-11-12, 20:51
I have no idea what a SkyBox presents, so please explain to me exactly what you would like to happen on pushing 'arrow-down'.

when you press up or down on the sky box arrows its scrolls through the channels as they appear in the status bar.

what i really want is when you open the full epg you have a bar along the top with all the sections.. i.e sports, moves, entertainment, HD. just so it is easy to navigate through the lists of channels with out having to change the list you in and go back in the epg

Larry-G
13-11-12, 21:00
when you press up or down on the sky box arrows its scrolls through the channels as they appear in the status bar.

what i really want is when you open the full epg you have a bar along the top with all the sections.. i.e sports, moves, entertainment, HD. just so it is easy to navigate through the lists of channels with out having to change the list you in and go back in the epg

as i said this has been looked into and it's not a easy thing to implement, not saying it wont ever happen but very unlikely to.

josh_g
13-11-12, 21:23
sorry pheonix i was just explaining it for Rob van der Does! one day it will come just like auto bouquets did :p

Larry-G
13-11-12, 21:36
sorry pheonix i was just explaining it for Rob van der Does! one day it will come just like auto bouquets did :p

I know, i'm just saying that it's not a impossible task but not a easy one either. personally i prefer how things are now.

judge
13-11-12, 21:41
its not so much to look like sky just for ease of getting the EPG to tranfer between folders with out having to leave it and come back in. if it could be ported and moded to a vix skin that would be ideal!

Not sure if you know, but when you're in VIX EPG you can hit CH+/- to switch between bouquets easily.

josh_g
14-11-12, 09:52
Not sure if you know, but when you're in VIX EPG you can hit CH+/- to switch between bouquets easily.

no i didnt but thanks for that little trick!

Rob van der Does
14-11-12, 13:21
no i didnt but thanks for that little trick!
When in EPG (or most other functions as well) press 'Help' to see all options.

garyblas
14-11-12, 14:23
Rob this is what sky epg looks like, you can see HD,movies etc along top of epg.

josh_g
14-11-12, 14:45
we can but dream :rolleyes: