PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Unable to update with software update

satnav
12-11-12, 11:41
I have read many posts plus my own issues with this facility and I have been told from all to re-flash and don't restore.
Yes that works but after a day or so it stops working again usual complaint background check in progress! this is not due to a local network or internet issue as every other network feature is working i.e. download plugins, update epg, dare I say communication with other boxes etc.
I have recently re-flashed and used my backup settings and the facility is now working again so not a backup settings issue, something in the system gets corrupted. This issue was the same from vix 2.0.204 to 3.0.405, I comment that if you are constantly updating you are less likely to see this happen.

Sicilian
12-11-12, 12:09
I have read many posts plus my own issues with this facility and I have been told from all to re-flash and don't restore.
Yes that works but after a day or so it stops working again usual complaint background check in progress! this is not due to a local network or internet issue as every other network feature is working i.e. download plugins, update epg, dare I say communication with other boxes etc.

How soon after powering on your receiver are trying to update? Have you tried update say mins after?

I have recently re-flashed and used my backup settings and the facility is now working again so not a backup settings issue, something in the system gets corrupted. This issue was the same from vix 2.0.204 to 3.0.405, I comment that if you are constantly updating you are less likely to see this happen.

Can you clarify this? 1st your saying you re-flash without settings restore, now your saying you flashed with restore :confused:

For the record backup settings from 2.0.xxx and NOT compatible with 3.0.xxx as we advised in the release threads.

satnav
12-11-12, 12:41
Normally hours after box gas booted up.
As I was instructed to re-flash without using backup file I did.
When the update failed to work I re-flashed again with restore as a teat and then the update facility started working again, so not a restore issue.
Yes I know about vix 2 and 3 incompatibility.

Larry-G
12-11-12, 12:51
I know it does not help but out all 5 of my receivers none have ever had this problem including the uno which is frequently left for days or weeks between updates as that one is used as a family receiver.

Sicilian
12-11-12, 12:51
Try a telnet update

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

satnav
12-11-12, 12:58
I am currently in a working state on 405 achieved by re-flash and restore backup. The software update is currently working but when it stops offering I will try telnet option. I have tried this before and I think it still fails!
I will report back.

satnav
12-11-12, 16:04
I have found my notes and it will not update via telnet once the software update fails! My m8 Ultimo is exactly the same too. Any more requests?

pooface
12-11-12, 16:09
Do you often disconnect your router from the net, or power it down

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

satnav
12-11-12, 16:22
Nope never and i have static IP for the box, all other box communications work 100% plugins, telnet, FTP, crossEPG including remote viewing 24/7 BT home hub latest version connected with short lan cable!

Larry-G
12-11-12, 17:23
Nope never and i have static IP for the box, all other box communications work 100% plugins, telnet, FTP, crossEPG including remote viewing 24/7 BT home hub latest version connected with short lan cable!

After reading a similar thread ( can't link to it as I'm online via my phone ), but do either boxes have a DVD-T USB stick inserted while suffering these issues ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

satnav
12-11-12, 17:50
No the three box tuners are enough without further complications.

MarsArtis
12-11-12, 22:04
After reading a similar thread ( can't link to it as I'm online via my phone ), but do either boxes have a DVD-T USB stick inserted while suffering these issues ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I Do confim that on two Different DUOs I was unable to update online. And I foound out that DVB-T a867 was causing the issue.
(reported here: VIX-2-4-v134-not-seeing-updates
and here: Can-t-update-software-on-ViX-3-0-343)

I suggest you satnav to describe as extensively as you can your receiver setup (attached usb drives, pen, internal hdd, usb hubs etc) neverthless third party plugins etc. And were you store picons.

satnav
13-11-12, 00:22
OK My signature is normally kept up to date with my kit as is now.
Whilst experiencing these issues I have not had any additional hardware, USB etc or plugins installed & my picons were stored in the default location as I did not set any options for them until the VIX3.0.405 where I chose Flash. I try to avoid anything from the norm due to all the suspicions they bring when you have an issue!

judge
13-11-12, 00:26
@satnav do you install picons from the plugin menu or install them manually?

satnav
13-11-12, 11:13
I install from plugins, I try and stick to basics. No issues after overnight rest today all working still, i have not downloaded today's updates ill leave for a few days to see when update stops working.
Despite your claims my reputation has been changed! <span class="member_reputation" title="satnav is an unknown quantity at this point">

judge
13-11-12, 11:42
Despite your claims my reputation has been changed!
What claims???

satnav
13-11-12, 11:51
Your post

pheonix is just stating that image improvements are being made (mostly in the background) & this is one of them.
It's a major rewrite of a plugin now defaulted to core image functions.
A good thing.

my comment: There are some who are sensitive to some of the replies received!
retort: one good turn deserves another

judge
13-11-12, 11:58
pheonix is just stating that image improvements are being made (mostly in the background) & this is one of them.
It's a major rewrite of a plugin now defaulted to core image functions.
A good thing.

Still don't get what you're trying to say?
If you want help on an issue, maybe you should try to stay on topic.

satnav
13-11-12, 12:18
The topic is sarcastic comments made by your associate and his response to not unreasonable ones made in reply!

basilyoung
13-11-12, 14:41
The topic is sarcastic comments made by your associate and his response to not unreasonable ones made in reply!

we dont have a sarcastic section mate, perhaps you need help from else where