PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Sticky needed for full flash/ reflash proceedure?

Lesline
12-11-12, 03:52
Newby help Please?

Is there a Sticky that someone would kindly advise/ direct me to, that gives a detailed procedure for installing a new image on a Duo? :)

tonyvix
12-11-12, 09:23
What about this ?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick

By Sicilian

Lesline
12-11-12, 14:38
I wish flashing my Duo was that simple!

I followed the link you kindly suggested only to find a very basic list which, was more concerned about guidence on the relatively easy method of preparing & inserting a 4 gig memory stick.

It's after that when the wizzard displays on my plasma it starts. question after question, one is confronted with a on-going list of options. It's at this point I need a Tutorial/ detailed Sticky to explain each option and the implication/s of choosing the correct one?

Any offers of help would be most appreciated?:confused:

Sicilian
12-11-12, 15:46
The 1st install wizard questions are quite basic, where are you getting stuck?

Lesline
12-11-12, 18:21
Thank you for your offer of help - it's really appreciated.

It might be best if I tell you the procedure and the settings that I've been given, so you can advise if they need amending. I've a word document where I've recorded this complete procedure together with the recommended settings that I've been given for my particular system.

Can I somehow attach this to a post? Or send it to you via an email address which you could advise in a PM?