PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Avermedia digi volar x rarely works

discobrother
11-11-12, 20:40
I have an avermedia digi volar x dvb t stick. It was previously working perfect under windows 7 but since installing it on my vu+ duo it seems to rarely work especially coming on from sleep. The only way I can get it to work is from a fresh reboot. This is playing obvious hassle with my recordings. I'm using it on Irish Saorview.

Any ideas

MarsArtis
12-11-12, 21:50
This happens to the a867 aswell. It seems to be a related to drivers not beeing 100% working at present.
I'm experiencing side effects: for instance on two DUOs were I manually installed the a867 drivers after few days the DUO does no more accept online updates.

judge
12-11-12, 21:54
Have ye tried using the USBTunerHelper plugin?
It's not advised but might help.

discobrother
12-11-12, 22:07
So whats the ska with the usb tuner helper. What's it supposed to fix and what are the potential side effects then?

judge
12-11-12, 22:09
Not sure what it's supposed to fix but it does enable my Nova T for Irish channels after an E2 restart, no need for a full reboot.

stick50jr
15-11-12, 10:15
Not sure what it's supposed to fix but it does enable my Nova T for Irish channels after an E2 restart, no need for a full reboot.

I tried this out today with my VuDuo, Avermedia A825 Twinstar DVB-T. Yes, it allowed a GUI restart, but I've gone back to the full reboot because the system became unstable after about an hour recording two DVB-T transponders. It was like the bad old days of Vix 2.4 as far as dvb-t was concerned.

With the inconvenience of having to do the full reboot, at least the usb dvb-t is rock solid. So I'll stick with the full reboots until someone finds a better way.

cheers