PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Media Player crashing on VIX 3.0 build 404+

zdunas82
11-11-12, 20:27
Hi guys,

I need your help here, please. Somehow, since updating to build 404 my media player plugin gave me an error and i couldnt use at all, it disappear from the plugin menu. Then I updated to build 405 and I thought that the issue was fixed, but when want to play anything it crashes my box. Then I was trying everything, i mean everything like flashing new image over again and againg without using back up data but i didnt help. I flashed vix 2.4 and media player worked fine then i flashed 3.0 and media player is crashing again. Do you have any ideas? I attached the crash log so you can look at it. There are some errors but i dont know what they mean. Many thanks.

judge
11-11-12, 20:30
What media player are you using? why not use the inbuilt player?

XabiX
11-11-12, 20:34
FYI in case it's linked: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22923-Mediaplayer-not-able-to-open-a-mkv-file-gt-crash

zdunas82
11-11-12, 21:22
I am using media Player that i downloaded off pug ins as an extensions. Have been using it for over a year with no problems at all, only just now after an update one build up its crashing. What inbuilt player you mean? the one you play your recorded channels with ? if so this one works just fine but i dont like it. thanks

judge
11-11-12, 21:27
I am using media Player that i downloaded off pug ins as an extensions. Have been using it for over a year with no problems at all, only just now after an update one build up its crashing. What inbuilt player you mean? the one you play your recorded channels with ? if so this one works just fine but i dont like it. thanks
Yes, the file list button beside the Menu button.
Works perfectly.

zdunas82
11-11-12, 21:44
yeah thats the one, but for me it kinda works, it plays recorded videos perfectly but other media files like hd mkv's its a bit choppy and buggy as it freezes sometimes.
I'd like someone from vix team to get back to me and figure out the crash log, i think something conflicts with the media player thats why it crashes. thanks

Rob van der Does
11-11-12, 21:47
yeah thats the one, but for me it kinda works, it plays recorded videos perfectly but other media files like hd mkv's its a bit choppy and buggy as it freezes sometimes.
Please don't take it personal, but this makes me laugh: the MediaPlayer doesn't add any functionality whatsoever :p

judge
11-11-12, 21:49
I'd like someone from vix team to get back to me and figure out the crash log, i think something conflicts with the media player thats why it crashes. thanks

It's a 3rd party plugin you are using, so maybe you should ask who ever made it.

zdunas82
11-11-12, 21:51
you can see it here. the media player on the top menu

and i get this when i play a movie

zdunas82
11-11-12, 21:55
Maybe it doesnt but for me it just works much better, but that is not the case here. I'm just trying to figure out what cause it to crash. That what this thread and forum is all about. thanks

Rob van der Does
11-11-12, 21:56
Please, don't make things difficult for yourself, and de-install that plugin. The build-in mediaplayer is fine for all files.
The only thing it doesn't do is support playlists. If you want to use those both the Merlin Player & YAMP are fine (both are on the feeds).

mickyblueys
11-11-12, 22:01
Please, don't make things difficult for yourself, and de-install that plugin. The build-in mediaplayer is fine for all files.
The only thing it doesn't do is support playlists. If you want to use those both the Merlin Player & YAMP are fine (both are on the feeds).

One thing the built in player struggles to do, I find is fast forwards movie file properly when you go to 4x or faster, it doesn't speed up the fast forward it still seems to only go at 2x????:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

judge
11-11-12, 22:04
One thing the built in player struggles to do, I find is fast forwards movie file properly when you go to 4x or faster, it doesn't speed up the fast forward it still seems to only go at 2x????:confused:

Works perfectly if the movies are encoded to a standard the box handles, I use this all the time.

zdunas82
11-11-12, 22:08
And also, sometimes it struggles with 1080p mkv's, i mean the picture freezes and you have to rewind it a few secs it can happen quite a lot during the film, and media player plays it just fine. weird but true. btw yamp and merlin player are for playing music only. or am i wrong ? thanks

Rob van der Does
11-11-12, 22:15
Again: the plugin doesn't add anything, so everything you experience with the build in player is the same for the plugin.

mickyblueys
11-11-12, 22:37
Works perfectly if the movies are encoded to a standard the box handles, I use this all the time.

I have almost 500GB of films on my box...avi, Mkv, m2ts......all play fine but don't fast forward properly only the ts files recorded on box fast forward properly.

So I don't get you're point!

zdunas82
11-11-12, 22:49
ok guys i'll give build in player a try and see how it goes...:) but still it makes me wonder why the media player suddenly stopped working.

Rob van der Does
12-11-12, 05:09
ok guys i'll give build in player a try and see how it goes...:) but still it makes me wonder why the media player suddenly stopped working.
Just the same as with other 3rd-party plugins: the author should maintain a plugin to remain compatible with the rest of the world. And this particular plugin hasn't been maintained for years.

andyblac
12-11-12, 11:27
ok, should be fixed for build 411 (tonight), but as suggested try the embedded player.