PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] How to turn off timer conflict notifications

discobrother
11-11-12, 20:26
Hi All

For some reason I keep getting annoying pop up messages about conflicting timers which last about 12 seconds. When I go into my timer list, both single and auto timers I can't seem to see the problematic timers. Does anyone know how to turn off these notifications from what is otherwise a fantastic Image. I'm on version 3.1.1.

Many Thanks in advance

mickyblueys
11-11-12, 20:43
Go into auto timer then menu button then set up...then change"show notifications of conflicts" to no

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
11-11-12, 22:46
I would not do what Mickey blue suggests, that will stop the conflict being shown in your timers list.

Are you getting the pop up every time you go into the timers list or is it only when you go into autotimers and press green or save to exit?

If its the save option, than that is the correct behavior you could test it by going into AT but pressing cancel and see if you get the pop up.

discobrother
12-11-12, 00:31
It pops up intermittently while watching live or recorded tv. Something like (1) conflict encountered while trying to add timers..... Then the name of the programme and day and time. When I go I to the timer list the timer event listed in the pop up isn't showing and deleting the affected programme from the auto timer list doesn't seem to fix either. I have the default time for recordings to begin and end set to 0 minutes to avoid conflict issues also but this too has had no impact. I never had any recording issues relating to conflicts in 2.3 it only seems to have introduced itself now

mickyblueys
12-11-12, 08:33
I only told him what he asked for........:eek:

pooface
12-11-12, 08:41
Which Image version Are you using? As 3.1.1 is the kernel version. Since you later mention 2.3, I am assumin you are using the old 2.3 image?! If so, you would be best to update to 3.0 build 410+. This has a lot of updates and fixes in. You may need to update the cafe (depending on the build of 2.3 iirc). And you will need to setup completely fresh (I.e. not restoring any backups)

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

andyblac
12-11-12, 11:44
best thing to do is, in AutoTimer list press MENU and goto settings, turn on 'Add conflicted timer as disabled' this will add the conflicting timer into your timer list but mark it as disabled, so you can see what timer has trouble and allow you to fix it.

Stanman
12-11-12, 22:23
I only told him what he asked for........:eek:

Sorry if it came across as a ticking off, not my intention.

just wanted to point out why its best to leave conflicts in otherwise you never know if your recording is not scheduled and reason why.

Mavarick
13-11-12, 05:36
best thing to do is, in AutoTimer list press MENU and goto settings, turn on 'Add conflicted timer as disabled' this will add the conflicting timer into your timer list but mark it as disabled, so you can see what timer has trouble and allow you to fix it.

Hi. I am also having the same issue. but how do you fix it if you cansee which one give the trouble,
It only seems to have happend since i chnaged to 3.0, before I could record 4 channels at a time,. now it seems I can only 1 per time period

Cheers

andyblac
13-11-12, 09:59

Hi. I am also having the same issue. but how do you fix it if you cansee which one give the trouble,
It only seems to have happend since i chnaged to 3.0, before I could record 4 channels at a time,. now it seems I can only 1 per time period

Cheers

depends on your free tuners and what transponders you are trying to record. once you are in TimerList you should beable to select the disnbaled timer and press the enable button this should open the conflict editor for you to fix it.

Mavarick
17-11-12, 19:15
To Tonyblac
I managed to get this fixed with the help of tony_r , it was the different Feq of the channels , one I had all grouped better it all worked fine . was something I was not aware of. thanks for the info