PDA

View Full Version : [ET4x00] New Xtrend ET4000 ViX Team OE 3.0 Release Discussion

Maxwell
28-10-12, 08:07
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&d=1348908188
Brand New VIX Image ET 4000

10/11/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.405
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20527&d=1351407529
Vix Team is proud to present
an all new full featured Vix image for the
XTREND ET4000

ET Kernel Version: 3.6.0
ET Drivers: 17-10-2012

All Users - A full flash is required

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (28/6/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
Ocram for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Downloads

Stable release HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22979-New-Xtrend-ET4000-ViX-Team-OE-3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ET-4x00/) (Beta's)

Sicilian
11-11-12, 07:36
Enjoy, feedback here please.

No.Trace
16-11-12, 12:16
Hi there ...

Can i use the ET-4000 with a HDMI-DVI-Cable ? I just have a non HDCP LCD TV with DVI ...

THX No.Trace

Rob van der Does
16-11-12, 13:12
As the signal over HDMI is identical as the one over DVI the answer is yes.

No.Trace
16-11-12, 13:18
Hi ...

and thank you for the fast answer ;) I think I'll buy the ET4000 an not the GigaBlue HD800SE ...
... I also have the ET9000 and so it will be similar ...

CU No.Trace ...

paxus
25-11-12, 12:57
Hi all,

i can flash the Image without any problems. But after flashing the Box starting only for a short time - and then the box is hanging. No Installing is possible.

All the other Images incl. the Originalimages can be installed.

What i make wrong?

paxus

Larry-G
25-11-12, 13:11
Try one of the other builds from the download center see if those will work for you instead.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ET-4x00/

paxus
25-11-12, 13:13
ok i will try it !

judge
25-11-12, 13:13
i can flash the Image without any problems. But after flashing the Box starting only for a short time - and then the box is hanging. No Installing is possible.

not sure what you mean, can you explain further? also, what build number are you installing?

paxus
26-11-12, 08:15
not sure what you mean, can you explain further? also, what build number are you installing?

After some tests, the first build number "405" now is running. But all the other after this version - no success.

paxus

No.Trace
27-11-12, 10:28
Hi there ...

me again ... i think my lcd tv has no hdcp support ...
When i now connetc the et4000 with the hdmi-dvi-cable will i get a picture ? Or is the et400 HDCP-Free ?

CU No.Trace ...

No.Trace
28-11-12, 12:28
Hello ...

so, now i ordered the ET4000 ... and i'll try if it works with my constellation :)

Thanks for help ... And Greetings No.Trace !!!

No.Trace
30-11-12, 06:38
Good Morning ...

Yesss ;) Yesterday i got my ET4000 and flashed the last VIX Image 445 ... but nothing happend,
only the nice "Bootscreen" was seen ... but after i took the first VIX Image 405 everything works.
I am glad that I can easy use all setting from my CT ET9000 ... ;)

Thanks for work ... CU No.Trace !!!

Sicilian
30-11-12, 07:51
Good Morning ...

Yesss ;) Yesterday i got my ET4000 and flashed the last VIX Image 445 ... but nothing happend,
only the nice "Bootscreen" was seen ... but after i took the first VIX Image 405 everything works.
I am glad that I can easy use all setting from my CT ET9000 ... ;)

Thanks for work ... CU No.Trace !!!

We are aware of the issue and will be fixed soon.

No.Trace
30-11-12, 09:16
Hi ...

perfect ... i love the VIX Image and the great support here ;) Thank you so much for the amazing work ...

Do you know if i can use "Autotimer Plugin" and "EPG Refresh" with my iPhone App "Dreamote" ?
With my ET9000 i have a use a "special" enigma2-webinterface_2.1_et9000.ipk ... can i use this ipk also with my ET4000?

CU No.Trace ...

No.Trace
02-12-12, 19:57
Hi there ...

I hope i can ask you some questions again ...
Now in installed the webinterface old over the feed ... but i can't use it ...
The webinterface is shown as this "Xtrend ET5x00 Series WebControl"
and when i want to use it there is a red sign with this error "Status: 405 Method Not Allowed".

Habe I to use the "webinterface old" or the "web interface old src" ... what can i do ...

THX No.Trace ...

laroko
29-01-13, 21:09
the image does not work?

tested 553 and 574
astra 19.2
in setup made a manual search with default settings, e.g. only one transponder. with Das Erste HD and a few more

when the setup is finished, pressing cursor right delivers the boot logo in the right with the following text

FROM BOUQET "userbouqet.favourites.tv" ORDER BY

pressing a few buttons leads to crash

white_westie
06-05-13, 22:18
Have an odd problem, and will do my best to explain it clearly.

Currently have an Inverto KA Band Lnb mounted on my t90 for the last year and receiving Saorsat no problem on my et9000 (one feed to each tuner) using the following tp config:

Satellite: 9E
system: dvb-s2
freq: 10765
SR; 25000
Polarisation: circular left
FEC: 1/2
Modulation: QPSK

Got a new et4000 stb and have OpenVIX bld653 working on it no problem with 4 way diseqc switch.
Decided to move one of the 9E Saorsat feeds to this box, but for some reason I keep getting tuner fail!
After much messing about with cables/disecq switches/feeds into house, I was able to eliminate them as being the problem, so I then started looking at the image.

After many reflashes of different images and versions (all OE Alliance and OpenPLI) I still had no luck.
Eventually found a copy of the original image that was shipped on the et4000, and when I flashed it, I was able to tune in no problems.
Not sure what this image is, but it is using a 3.4.3 kernel, and starts a process called iStb instead of enigma2, so I am not sure what its based on.
This proved that there was nothing wrong with the stb or the tuner.

Started looking at other older images and flashed an Xtrend image 'Xtrend-Support V6 ET4x00'. This also worked no problem.
This is definitely an enigma2 image, and is also based on a 3.4.3 kernel.

uname -a
Linux et4x00 3.4.3 #1 Mon Sep 10 18:56:34 CEST 2012 mips GNU/Linux

ls -l /lib/modules/3.4.3/extra
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7331740 Sep 25 2012 dvb.ko
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 22532 Sep 25 2012 modloader.ko
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 38268 Sep 25 2012 modloader2.ko
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15168 Sep 25 2012 tpm.ko

Have also flashed the 1st OpenVIX stable image released for the ET4000 bld 405, but this does not work either, but it is based on a 3.6.0 kernel, as are all (I think) of the images I have flashed over the last 2 days.

So my conclusions so far are that
1) my stb and tuner is working
2) I can tune in the Saorsat TP if I flash the stb with the shipped image or XTrend V6 Support image, which are based on kernel 3.4.3
3) I cannot tune in this TP if I flash with any of images based on OE Alliance (which I think are all using kernel 3.6.0)

Does that make any sense to any of you testers or image builders?

Could it be a driver build problem between the 3.4.3 and 3.6.0 kernel versions?
Could it be an actual image build problem or kernel problem?

Any suggestions what to do next?:confused:

WW

white_westie
07-05-13, 22:02
Tried 2 more images today from Xtrend and Sif, both are based on kernel 3.6.0 and associated drivers, and did not work.

Is the library /lib/modules/3.6.0/extra/dvb.ko responsible for all the tuner functions?
Is it supplied as a .ko file, or is it built from object code when building the image?

The image for the ET9000 is based on a 3.6.0 kernel and it works okay, so trying to work out is it a driver issue, or a image/kernel build issue!

Any takers?

WW

Larry-G
07-05-13, 23:31
Tried 2 more images today from Xtrend and Sif, both are based on kernel 3.6.0 and associated drivers, and did not work.

Is the library /lib/modules/3.6.0/extra/dvb.ko responsible for all the tuner functions?
Is it supplied as a .ko file, or is it built from object code when building the image?

The image for the ET9000 is based on a 3.6.0 kernel and it works okay, so trying to work out is it a driver issue, or a image/kernel build issue!

Any takers?

WW

Im not a coder so likely cant help other than to say that the kernel and drivers are supplied by xtrend them selves. As all manufacturers who we support supply their own, Image builders have no control over these files.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

white_westie
08-05-13, 08:55
Phoenix

Thks for that - that was sort of my understanding too, but didn't think kernel came from xtrend.
I know this is probably not a VIX specific issue, but am trying to rule it out, just in case there is a kernel flag or something missing when building the image.
So, on the off chance you are in contact with the few who do know about this, maybe you could bring it to their attention! If they don't think its something that they control, then maybe they could point me to a more appropriate forum to ask the questions in?
Am looking at posting in the et-view-support Forum, but trying to gather facts from english based sources first.

Also, by any chance was there ever a 3.4.3 kernel vix build for the et4000 ever built, and if so would any of the lads have a version lying around that i could try?

WW

andyblac
08-05-13, 13:42
next build will have new kernel 3.8.7, try that and report back.

white_westie
08-05-13, 13:51
Just saw earlier on another site that new drivers for kernel 3.8.7 had been released, and was hoping a new image would appear soon to try out.

andyblac
08-05-13, 19:22
Just saw earlier on another site that new drivers for kernel 3.8.7 had been released, and was hoping a new image would appear soon to try out.

should be tonight.

white_westie
08-05-13, 20:58
Andy
Spotted a few new images available this afternoon, so grabbed them while I could.
First flashed with OpenPLi (because its the lightest) and happy days, can pull in missing Saorsat TP.
Then flashed with OpenTV, downloaded and configured plugins I normally use, and it seems to be running okay with everything so far.
Only 1 green screen at tail end of loading epg, but have rebooted and no problems since.
Only thing I noticed was that it seemed to take a long time from startup to tuning to default channel, cpu was running at 99% for enigma2 process, will keep an eye on it.

Handed it over to the better half for the real end user testing:D

Will keep an eye for Vix images in the coming days.

As a matter of interest, do you know if the problem I had was known, or was it just down to rebuild of drivers for new kernel?

WW

No.Trace
11-06-13, 13:04
Hi there ...

got some "errors" on image 378 (et4000 and et9000). Also on 379 ...

01 - no scrolling in the 2nd infobar
when i press ok 2 times to see the 2nd infobar i cant scoll down,
when i press the down button the infobar goes away

02 - no single epg
whan i press the red button to see single epg of the current programm
only the multi epg is opening

03 - an error in the german translation
if i want to delete a movie the "are you sure questin" is wrong
it don't be "Sillst Du ...." it has to be "Willst Du ..."

But many thanks for ther great image for my et4000 and et9000 !

CU No.Trace

Rob van der Does
11-06-13, 14:24
Hi there ...
got some "errors" on image 378 (et4000 and et9000). Also on 379 ...
01 - no scrolling in the 2nd infobar
when i press ok 2 times to see the 2nd infobar i cant scoll down,
when i press the down button the infobar goes away
02 - no single epg
whan i press the red button to see single epg of the current programm
only the multi epg is opening

I confirm #1: we're looking into it.
I can't reproduce #2 though.

No.Trace
16-07-13, 12:19
Hi there ...

some things are fixed on the et4000 perfect ;)
And that I cannot get on single epg isn't bad at all ...

But sometimes my et4000 hangs and I can only get it back by waiting or by switching the power off an on again ... that it will reboot an get back.

I'm sorry that I don't have a logfile ... CU Kai

yourdevil
27-08-13, 12:41
Ciao,
su questo decoder ho l'ultima versione beta dell'immagine VIX che tengo constantemente aggiornata.
Mi sono accorto che da un paio di giorni, il volume sui canali SD è estremamente basso e cambiando da un SD ad un HD la differenza di volume è talmente alta che se non abbasso, sveglio tutto il vicinato.
L'audio è amplificatousando l'uscita ottica digitale, non uso l'audio sull'HDMI.
E' un problema noto dato da quale problema con l'immagine ?
Oppure sono io ad aver configurato qualcosa in modo errato ?

Grazie a tutti per le risposte.

Rob van der Does
27-08-13, 12:44
Si prega di impostare il volume del contenitore per la massima