PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Mediaplayer not able to open a mkv file => crash

XabiX
08-11-12, 18:46
Hello,

I tried opening a mkv file and the Openvix crashes and generates those logs.

Any idea if the issue is within the plugin or the image?

This first log show an issue with Imdb:

so I tried removing the plugin Imdb but it crashed again

thanks
XabiX

Larry-G
08-11-12, 18:49
IMDB is a integral part of the image, if you remove it it will cause problems.

XabiX
08-11-12, 19:34
yes I did put if back after the test. Just wanted to check if it was solving the issue or not.
therefore I think the issue is linked to the image.

The mkv files were working on my ex vu+ uno with blackhole so the issue is not the file for sure.

Rob van der Does
08-11-12, 19:45
'MKV' is a container and doesn't mean anything regarding the contents.
If a file doesn't play it's simply not compatible with the (hardware) codecs embedded in the chipset of the box.
If you do want to play them via the box you'll have to recode them.

XabiX
09-11-12, 08:52
Hello all,

I think there is something else than an issue of codecs.

The HD is attached to the GB QUAD by eSATA and I have installed samba. I tried to play this file from the network on my ubuntu 12.04 netop and the movie starts OK but stops: 20766

then I copied the file from the NAS into Ubuntu and it played well for the all movie not just the 3/4s: 20767

So I am wondering if there is no an issue or a stability issue by playing a file within the attached HD into the GB. I tried putting the sleep time to never into the HD properties under the OpenVIX menu but no changes.

Is there some system logs that I can enable within the GB QUAD to better tackle this issue?

Thanks

marty
09-11-12, 09:05
So I am wondering if there is no an issue or a stability issue by playing a file within the attached HD into the GB. I tried putting the sleep time to never into the HD properties under the OpenVIX menu but no changes.

I have had no problem playing back files stored on the internal SATA HDD or an external eSATA HDD.

XabiX
09-11-12, 09:08
I have had no problem playing back files stored on the internal SATA HDD or an external eSATA HDD.

I know it sounds strange but then I can't understand why the ubuntu works ok when I first copy the file and it doesn't work through the a ftp share.

Maybe I could upload the file and provide you in mp with a DL link so you can tell me if it works on yours or not? (on the SSD and on the eSATA drive)

Thanks

marty
09-11-12, 10:05
I know it sounds strange but then I can't understand why the ubuntu works ok when I first copy the file and it doesn't work through the a ftp share.

Maybe I could upload the file and provide you in mp with a DL link so you can tell me if it works on yours or not? (on the SSD and on the eSATA drive)

Thanks

Sure I'll give it a a go :) I asked you before, are you in France?

XabiX
09-11-12, 11:20
Oui Monsieur :D

marty
09-11-12, 11:28
Oui Monsieur :D

Where in France? I'm right in the middle (18 Cher)

XabiX
09-11-12, 11:40
Where in France? I'm right in the middle (18 Cher)
god just on the middle ! I am in SW (33 Gironde).
Will let you know when I have finished upload the mkv file 2,9Gb :-( I hope you have a good ADSL :D

marty
09-11-12, 11:43
god just on the middle ! I am in SW (33 Gironde).
Will let you know when I have finished upload the mkv file 2,9Gb :-( I hope you have a good ADSL :D

23 meg :D:thumbsup:

Larry-G
09-11-12, 12:11
guys please dont post links on the forum if your not the copy-write holder. you can exchange the link in private ( PM ) but not on the open forum.

thanks.

XabiX
09-11-12, 14:08
The good news is that the problem is not with the file.
But any file I tried to open crashed the mediaplayer. Pictures are OK.

here are others logs with different files just to show:

What extra info, I can provide to understand where the issue is coming from?

andyblac
09-11-12, 14:29
i'll take a look, but MediaPlayer is not needed to play these files, just use the standard movie list

XabiX
09-11-12, 15:33
i'll take a look, but MediaPlayer is not needed to play these files, just use the standard movie list

Cool it works !! It's the first time I am using the Quad so I didn't know how to access the standard movie player/list.

I though it was through the menu:

but no, that's why I ended up install the Media Player and using it through the plugin list. (no very confortable as no direct access).

But looking around I found that there is a special button called "F.list" which allows you to access the standard player.

The standard player works great!!

I have removed the mediaplayer one.

Very happy with the Quad now as all works OK!

andyblac
09-11-12, 20:05
Cool it works !! It's the first time I am using the Quad so I didn't know how to access the standard movie player/list.

I though it was through the menu:

but no, that's why I ended up install the Media Player and using it through the plugin list. (no very confortable as no direct access).

But looking around I found that there is a special button called "F.list" which allows you to access the standard player.

The standard player works great!!

I have removed the mediaplayer one.

Very happy with the Quad now as all works OK!

glad your happy now :)