PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Vix 3.0.404 issue

satnav
08-11-12, 12:36
Not sure why my last post has fallen on deaf ears but here is another.
When my box came out of deep sleep this morning (first time on 404) it decided to use the 500mb USB stick as the only mass storage, adding a variety of directories! The hard disk is now not seen by the system information details it is only shows a 500mb device! So no access to recordings that are on the HD etc.
In System Setup the 500mb USB and 1TB HD are visible to format etc.
removing the USB and re-booting twice re-established the HD and the system put the epg in Flash as against the missing USB. I believe this also happened on 3.0.394.
This installation was from scratch i.e no backup restores of any kind.

Rob van der Does
08-11-12, 12:40
What did the mountmanager tell you about the storage devices?

satnav
08-11-12, 13:33
Nothing in mount manager as disk not on network. As I said in setup-system-hard disk I could see the USB drive and the HD

Rob van der Does
08-11-12, 13:51
Nothing in mount manager as disk not on network.
Sorry? Mountmanager is for local devices (Menu --> ViX --> Mountmanager).

satnav
08-11-12, 14:02
OK I did not check with that function so sorry I don't know, currently showing HD as you would expect as it s working. Can you try it on your test machine as currently mine is in use.

Rob van der Does
08-11-12, 14:07
Can you try it on your test machine as currently mine is in use.
???? How could I test your problem????

Sicilian
08-11-12, 14:12
OK I did not check with that function so sorry I don't know, currently showing HD as you would expect as it s working. Can you try it on your test machine as currently mine is in use.

How can you expect someone else you check your issue??? People have different setup and devices. Press blue button > ViX > Mount manager, simple as that.

satnav
08-11-12, 14:22
Plug a USB stick into box with a HD then set deep sleep and then wake up check to see if recordings etc are still accessible.

pooface
08-11-12, 19:21
Plug a USB stick into box with a HD then set deep sleep and then wake up check to see if recordings etc are still accessible.

Yes, they are always available with the hdd and usb connected in my system after deep sleep. But then again,I have used mount manager to setup my mounts, as had been advised above.

Also, if you'd like, send me your credit card details, and I'll see if I can spend more money than you have in last month?!

I'm that you don't want me to, but I'm trying to explain, some things need to be done by yourself if you want the expected results...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
08-11-12, 19:33

every one of my boxes is setup like this and all work fine.

satnav
08-11-12, 20:25
having now got access to my box and keeping a tight grip on my credit card i have tried many times to reproduce the overnight issue using the power manager but it is still working as it was yesterday I have not changed any settings!
Any chance please of a reply as over 24 hours since this post and should be a single answer!
latest vix release 404
I have updated to the latest 404 release today! Try as i may i can not find the EPG setting that was in 373 update EPG on boot.
Has it been removed or is it an age issue please?

pooface
09-11-12, 06:33
having now got access to my box and keeping a tight grip on my credit card i have tried many times to reproduce the overnight issue using the power manager but it is still working as it was yesterday I have not changed any settings!
Any chance please of a reply as over 24 hours since this post and should be a single answer!
latest vix release 404
I have updated to the latest 404 release today! Try as i may i can not find the EPG setting that was in 373 update EPG on boot.

Couldn't see anything about power manager in first post : confused:. Also, have you tried using mount manager as recommended? Helps if you follow instructions and post all details...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
09-11-12, 06:36

Looks like its been removed by the crossepg authors, not a ViX issue.

Rob van der Does
09-11-12, 09:34
Try as i may i can not find the EPG setting that was in 373 update EPG on boot.

Looks like its been removed by the crossepg authors, not a ViX issue.
A umber of options have been removed from Cross-for-ViX as they are default behaviour of E2 in ViX.

satnav
09-11-12, 11:15
A new day!
I have attached the log file from this morning and as you can see the process that I did before sending this.
The box appeared to be working but on doing some checks these were the results:
The mount manager said HD & USB there both same size 1Tbyte actual 1Tb and 4Gb and in same directory HDD/media.
In information about system it said correct type and size on first read on second check it changed to say not mounted.
System setup said both were there it now says only HD after a second access.
Mount manager now says HD not mounted no size and type unavailable and no USB stick.
EPG still works but moved from usb to flash by the system and the recordings folder is now blank.
The USB stick is not visible by any means. Before you ask the USB stick was change for a FAT32 re-format last night so as to remove the doubt about the stick!

Rob van der Does
09-11-12, 11:45
This is what I advise you to do:
1- Stop Enigma via telnet ('init 4');
2- Open the file etc/fstab and delete the lines for the mounts (ask here if not sure which ones);
3- Start Enigma via telnet ('init 3');
4- Go to the mountmanager and set the mounts as required. Reboot when asked to do so. After the reboot check mounts (and all device related items as EPG and recordings).

satnav
09-11-12, 12:10
Thanks, which lines are they please and what is the difference between the two Mount commands?
Are these the ones?
UUID=5C13-EDBD /media/usb msdos defaults 0 0
UUID=ac02e4fe-9b93-4051-92f4-31100ea3f080 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

andyblac
09-11-12, 14:35
Thanks, which lines are they please and what is the difference between the two Mount commands?
Are these the ones?
UUID=5C13-EDBD /media/usb msdos defaults 0 0
UUID=ac02e4fe-9b93-4051-92f4-31100ea3f080 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

yup, those are the ones.:)

satnav
09-11-12, 19:00
OK deleted those lines and remounted HD & USB as both visible. After reboot only HD visible but fstab now contains both mounts!