PDA

View Full Version : Email from Gigablue

marty
08-11-12, 10:56
This morning I sent an email to Gigablue and TBH I wasn't expecting a reply other than some automated BS :p
To my suprise they answerd the email within 5 mins :eek::thumbsup:

When will the next drivers be available for the Quad?
Do you know when there will be a fix to allow recording of two encrypted channels?

Thanks

Marty

Hi Marty,

begiining next week, all engineers will come together and fix within couple of weeks all Bugs about QUAD modell. The mentioned BUG is one of our prios.

Best Regards

I was very happy someone took the time to actually type a reply :D

So there you have it, should hopfully be sorted within the next few weeks :cool:

XabiX
08-11-12, 12:33
Drivers require a flash or will they be directly available through an opkg update/upgrade procedure?

Larry-G
08-11-12, 17:44
Drivers require a flash or will they be directly available through an opkg update/upgrade procedure?

When the drivers are available you will have two choices,

1. install the drivers manually your self
2. wait until we introduce the drivers into the image and do a update that way.

Rob van der Does
08-11-12, 17:59
But be aware that sometimes a new image-structure is needed for new drivers.

marty
08-11-12, 21:14
I hope they update the kernel soon aswell :)

jerry2
08-11-12, 21:53
Hope to fix the blurred GUI on reboot. Every time I reboot I have harder time (more reboots or more changing 1080 to 720 and back in settings) to get chrisp GUI.

marty
08-11-12, 22:03
Hope to fix the blurred GUI on reboot. Every time I reboot I have harder time (more reboots or more changing 1080 to 720 and back in settings) to get chrisp GUI.

Doesn't seem so bad after the latest update. I can change it without rebooting now :D

jerry2
09-11-12, 09:35
What does the update has to do with it? It is a driver problem ;-)

marty
09-11-12, 09:53
What does the update has to do with it? It is a driver problem ;-)

Before VIX was released I was using OPENMIPS, that too had a blurred GUI and just changing resolution in setup fixed it.
In VIX you would have to reboot (and I agree with you, as time went on it took more reboots and was getting very random and unpredictable)

BUT!!!! after the last batch of updates a blurred GUI can be fixed without rebooting (for me with VIX)

Likvid
09-11-12, 17:20
A reason for using VIX then.

XabiX
12-11-12, 13:50
no news for the new drivers/kernel?

marty
12-11-12, 15:45
no news for the new drivers/kernel?

Hi Marty,

begiining next week, all engineers will come together and fix within couple of weeks all Bugs about QUAD modell. The mentioned BUG is one of our prios.

Best Regards

Their email says they will be starting work on the fix this week and it will be released at some point during the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully it will be sooner :)

marty
12-11-12, 15:56
You will know when they are released because they will show here ;)

http://archiv.openmips.com/

rossi2000
12-11-12, 17:19
something happened to my quad last night, TUNER A refuses to pick any sat signal up now, i have to set a recording on tuner A so i can move onto tuner b to get a picture., so atm ive had to loop tuner a through tuner b, need to have a closer look tonight.
the onboard tuners are fixed arent they? i havent opened the unit at all yet.

marty
12-11-12, 17:28
Tuners are fixed (there are pics of inside the box posted up somewhere)
Both my tuners are working perfectly (VIX) just tested using PIP :D

XabiX
12-11-12, 21:07
I think that the right place to look is:
http://image.openmips.com/2.0/index.php?open=loader

Larry-G
12-11-12, 21:12
When they are released and we have tested that they work, they will be included in our own image as we do with all manufacturers we support.

rossi2000
12-11-12, 21:53
Tuners are fixed (there are pics of inside the box posted up somewhere)
Both my tuners are working perfectly (VIX) just tested using PIP :D

god knows what happened yesterday, but both tuners are back to ok tonight.

XabiX
13-11-12, 08:49
god knows what happened yesterday, but both tuners are back to ok tonight.

They were freaking at the idea of receiving a new set of drivers :)

marty
13-11-12, 14:50
I think that the right place to look is:
http://image.openmips.com/2.0/index.php?open=loader

:confused: that link is just for the bootloaders, they are not the drivers ;)
The driver link it what I originaly posted :thumbsup:

XabiX
13-11-12, 15:36
:confused: that link is just for the bootloaders, they are not the drivers ;)
The driver link it what I originaly posted :thumbsup:

Oups I got it wrong then, I was confusing bootloader with drivers. So there is no firmware updates ? we will only upgrade drivers? and never firmware or is the firmware the bootloader?

Larry-G
13-11-12, 15:42
Oups I got it wrong then, I was confusing bootloader with drivers. So there is no firmware updates ? we will only upgrade drivers? and never firmware or is the firmware the bootloader?

we will only know that answers to those questions as and when the developers release their work to the public, hopefully the wait is not too long away.