PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-UK XMLTV] Cannot switch off automatic EPG updating

Human 19
07-11-12, 23:11
VU+ duo
Kernel version: 3.1.1
Firmware version: 2.4
Gui version: Jul 19 2012

I previousy tried automatic epg updates with picture-in-picture for cross EPG, until I found how annoying it was so switched off every instance of automatic updating I could find, and disabled the PiP mode.

Even after this, upon every start of the box, I would get a message stating that epg is being updated in the background and not to use PiP meanwhile. I would also find that the box would switch to another station , thereby not allowing me to change channel as "no free tuner available" After searching the forum for 90 mins tonight I picked up bits of info like the fact that cross epg uses another station to download the epg.

Tonight,therefore, I deleted all the cross epg providers, and checked that every hint of automatic update were disabled.

I then went into XMLTV importer and enabled they rytek UK and Germany providers, and also disabled automatic updating and restarted the box.

Once again I got a message stating that epg is being updated in the background and not to use PiP meanwhile. A PiP window once again popped up. this window can stay there for hours.

Any idea how to totally prevent this automatic updating?

judge
07-11-12, 23:22
Can you update to the latest version for your box, available on:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/
And let us know if you have the same issues?

Human 19
11-11-12, 21:45
The problem has disappeared with a reflash.

Thanks