PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Very few EPG's on 28

mark T
07-11-12, 12:12
Hi all, Im relatively new to this type of systems, only had the VU for 12mts but have had very little problems until now. I dont have many channels with EPG on 28. I have done a Rytec uk download but still nothing. So I scrolled down the page and did a sky-uk download but nothing happened, the screen just froze. I then tried to do a channel search{green button} but the screen went green and it crashed. At the moment I only have an epg on itv 1,2 and only. Alongside the channel name there is a elongated box with a blue line but I only have this on itvnow, it used to be on all channel names. It was all fine 2 days ago but they have slowly disapeared. Any help would be great .Thank you all

garyblas
07-11-12, 14:24
check your settings in EPG...
Do you have automatic EPG download set at dedicated time?
Are you running Crossepg

mark T
07-11-12, 15:05
I have the automatic EPG set to off. I dont know what cross EPG is. None of the channels on 28 have a EPG now. They all gone. I just did a Rytec UK download but still no EPG

mark T
07-11-12, 15:21
Rytec-skyuk epg set up is. EPG.datUrl http://www.xmitvepg.be/uk/epg.dat.gz They other one Sky-uk which crashes and the screen goes green is Epgtype-opentv EPG streamchannel Hip Hop and the EPG goes to hdd. I dont know what else to do

mickyblueys
07-11-12, 15:38
If you follow this tutorial you should be ok.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=104428

I would also set up a swap file on you're hdd or USB using the swap manager in the vix menu. As the duo has a memory leak problem.it may freeze on start up in the future.....search for swap file for more info.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mark T
07-11-12, 16:25
Hi and thank for the reply. I put a 8gb usb stick in ths back of the stb and I tried to do what the link suggested but when I go to set up then systems but then it says select EPG. That is not listed in my system page. Im not using Vix but Blackhole,enigma 2010-01-29-master, image:release 1.0.0 2010.06.05. I havent touched since I bought it. I did email the shop where it came from and I said that this Blackhole image is old. They replied that they find this is the best image and I Quote: if it aint broke dont fix it: was his reply. Any help is very gratfull as I very unsure of what im doing. Thanks

mickyblueys
07-11-12, 17:06
Not clued up on black hole I'm afraid. Only ever used vix. Honestly I'm also a novice...but with careful reading of tutorials on this site. I have my duo set up to run as close to my legitimate sly HD box....you should give vix a try, you'll not be disappointed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mark T
07-11-12, 18:23
I honestly have no idea what im doing and i wouldnt know where to start. The last time i alteted setting i lost everything and ended up posting the stb back to the dealer to reflash/setup