PDA

View Full Version : Red icon flashing. Whats this?

winpeace
06-11-12, 20:32
http://a1211.hizliresim.com/13/6/fpswn.jpg
Whats this icon?Canyou help please

Mr. Mister
06-11-12, 20:34
This RED icon is telling you that there is an unstable update for your box..

A GREEN icon tells you that there is a stable update for your box..

Larry-G
06-11-12, 20:35
yes as MR.mister says this is the update icon which lets you know that there are updates available for your image, RED for unstable and Green for stable.

winpeace
06-11-12, 20:36
Firstly thank you for answer.
"openvix-3.0.394-gb800ue_usb.zip" . Is this image unstable?Which image stable?

winpeace
06-11-12, 20:38
yes as MR.mister says this is the update icon which lets you know that there are updates available for your image, RED for unstable and Green for stable.

But when I check updates no updates for my gigablue ue (my version 3.0.394)

Mr. Mister
06-11-12, 20:42
Menu > Set Up > System > Software Update

I have the top 3 options in mine set to :

Yes
Yes

Bottom 2 options are entirly for your own desire..

This will then give you the option to update online..

Conaxthewarrior
06-11-12, 20:49
I usually update via the forum but since the topic is now under discussion, I've often wondered how important an update is - should I vigerously update each and every time one is issued (as I do now) or would an update every 6 months do me just as well?

Larry-G
06-11-12, 21:06
I usually update via the forum but since the topic is now under discussion, I've often wondered how important an update is - should I vigerously update each and every time one is issued (as I do now) or would an update every 6 months do me just as well?

Thats entirely upto you.

If your receiver is working how you like then by all means park it on that particular build, but that said we dont just pump out builds to for the sake of it. every update has a purpose as can be seen in the changelogs.

also if you do decide to park the image and say update once every 6 months or so i would advise you do a full fresh flash each time as the shear amount of updates in-between will likely cause problems if your using the online update to update a existing image.

as a beta tester i obviously update almost as soon as every build is released, and to be honest have very few problems as a result. I wont however be so arrogant to say problems cant happen this way as thats not how software development works. if your unsure just update every other week or so and keep an-eye on the forum to see if a particular build is causing problems etc.