PDA

View Full Version : problems with flickering on fta and pay channels

jjp2701
13-09-10, 18:23
i have been getting flickering on itv and sly germ channelsd lateley especially when it was 3pm kick off on sly germ, when chelsea was playing, the other day, i am running the vix team image and having probs getting pink tv on 16e, it is breaking up loads, now my m8 has been round to check the dish, he said it is perfect, i wonder if there is a tuner prob in the new drivers and vix image ?

Sicilian
13-09-10, 20:03
I'd say check your dish alignment.

Nothing wrong with the latest drivers, been using them here since their release.

jjp2701
13-09-10, 20:06
I'd say check your dish alignment.

Nothing wrong with the latest drivers, been using them here since their release.

like i say sicillian m8 my m8 is a sat expert at setting up and he said my arc and everything outside is perfect, so it must be something to do with the box, or could it be something else ? m8

Sicilian
13-09-10, 20:12
Do you have another receiver to test the signal strengths on 28deg, 16deg and 19deg.

pooface
13-09-10, 20:17
Do you have another receiver to test the signal strengths on 28deg, 16deg and 19deg.

What are the fta channels you were watching at the time of breakup!?

jjp2701
13-09-10, 21:04
What are the fta channels you were watching at the time of breakup!?

it was itv granada 28.2e, sly sport 2 germany 19.2e, and pink channels, some, 16.0e

satmanbasil
13-09-10, 21:06
Hi mate

I note you mention about about watching the chelsea game last saturday Can i take it you did this via a share network maybe your group was over loading the card hence slowdown in data giving u the odd glitch in picture quality.

regards
satmanbasil

jjp2701
13-09-10, 21:12
Hi mate

I note you mention about about watching the chelsea game last saturday Can i take it you did this via a share network maybe your group was over loading the card hence slowdown in data giving u the odd glitch in picture quality.

regards
satmanbasil

true true, but what about the free to air channel, itv then m8 ?
it never flickered once when i used the vti image before this image

satmanbasil
13-09-10, 22:32
true true, but what about the free to air channel, itv then m8 ?
it never flickered once when i used the vti image before this image

hi mate

ITV/BBC are not perfect when it comes to being glitch free i did notice the odd pixel breakup on both channels maybe best to keep monitoring the fta performance see if theres a pattern causing this. then maybe revert back for a few days and see if it continues to happen, problem right now is the vix is a new image which im sure the guys will agree with me will have its bugs n glitches for the time being but with every update your notice fewer errors its a case of givin this time to develope or go back for now with what you find suitable and maybe give the vix another go in say 2 months from now.

regards
satmanbasil

Foxylady
14-09-10, 23:25
hi mate

ITV/BBC are not perfect when it comes to being glitch free
regards
satmanbasil

Rubbish fella, i put blackhole on mine and never ever once have i suffered glitching on bbc nor itv hd channels, i think you should try a diff image bud.
I did notice mine glitch very very slightly on rare occasion in past 2 week on pay chls, but thinking about it it only started since i played with manual position of west or east moment of dish to see just for fun of it if i could get 1 or 2 more percent more on signal lol, daft i know but hey i like playing lol.
I will reset when i have time to do so but you should not be getting glitching at all on fta only if the above like i say or dish not aligned correctly.
Regardless if your mate installs them, it might not be sitting sweet i.e you leave perfect signal on 28 then goto to 13, then go back to 28, it might not be hitting the sweet spot, just get this checked in case fella.

Sicilian
15-09-10, 06:45
I've get no pixellating/flickering on any channels with whatever image I try including VIX :D Mind you both my dishes where installed by a pro ;)

satmanbasil
15-09-10, 12:05
Rubbish fella, i put blackhole on mine and never ever once have i suffered glitching on bbc nor itv hd channels, i think you should try a diff image bud.
I did notice mine glitch very very slightly on rare occasion in past 2 week on pay chls, but thinking about it it only started since i played with manual position of west or east moment of dish to see just for fun of it if i could get 1 or 2 more percent more on signal lol, daft i know but hey i like playing lol.
I will reset when i have time to do so but you should not be getting glitching at all on fta only if the above like i say or dish not aligned correctly.
Regardless if your mate installs them, it might not be sitting sweet i.e you leave perfect signal on 28 then goto to 13, then go back to 28, it might not be hitting the sweet spot, just get this checked in case fella.

Hi mate

I dont suffer loss of picture not with a 1.8mtr dish pointing at 28e i just made reference to the fact that now and then u can suffer pixels for unknown reasons (uplink from headend or weather ) anyway good to hear ur on the case good luck with ur fix

regards

satmanbasil