PDA

View Full Version : To use both tuners do you need both cables?

XabiX
06-11-12, 19:52
Hello,

I just received my quad and it s the first time I have a dual tuner box. I was wondering if I need a splitter so both tuners get wired or if I wire one it's enough to be able to record one channel while watching another one.

thanks
XabiX

Larry-G
06-11-12, 19:57
Ideally to get the best out of the tuners you need one feed from the LNB to each tuner card. I would not even consider a splitter as the feed can not be split in this way. I'm not sure with the Quad as i dont have one but as a temporary measure you could loop the feed from one tuner to the next but this still wont provide you will the full functionality of a dedicated feed to each tuner.

XabiX
06-11-12, 20:29
there are only one input per tuner so no like the vu+ where you had a in and out on each tuner.
I will try to see if this work
thanks for the feedback

Larry-G
06-11-12, 20:31
Im not sure but i believe like the Duo this box should have a internal loopthrough rather than needing a external one.

Trial
06-11-12, 20:32
Hi,
I think since one of the last driver updates the Quad can also loop by software like the VU+ Duo. Look in the change log for the driver. As phoenix said 1 cable and loop is not the same as two real cables.

ciao

Rob van der Does
06-11-12, 21:22
Indeed the Quad has an internal loopthrough (setting in the tuner config is sufficient).

veskop
10-01-14, 12:30
Indeed the Quad has an internal loopthrough (setting in the tuner config is sufficient).

Is it working now?

sanderson82
10-01-14, 20:22
Can I ask what benefit loop through gives you if you only have a single feed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Rob van der Does
10-01-14, 22:13
It would give the second tuner access to all the transponders that are in the same 'quadrant' (polarisation H/V,frequency band H/L) as the first tuner is looking at.