PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Image manager causing crash and re-boot failure

gab2001uk
06-11-12, 01:34
Hi
I recently upgraded my 3 vu+ duos to the latest vix, but there is a problem with the image backup manager.
If done soon after installation it works ok, but after adding Cccam and media player, the backup manager causes an error which then stops the box re-booting, so has to be re-flashed.
Details:

Vu+ duo
OpenVix 3.0.339

plugins installed
CCcam 2.4.1 ( installed manually )
MediaPlayer ( installed via the feeds )

Image backup manager problem
If done soon after initial setup works ok.

Gets to 70%, moving files, then error. Box will not re-boot. cannot find a logfile on hdd, and any written internally cannot be accessed as all communication lost until re-flash. Error message mentions device busy or not responding. maybe hdd access error? Same with using a usb flash. Temp files are written to the hdd/usb but all directories are empty.

I have not tried updating via unstable feeds yet. Could that solve the problem?

judge
06-11-12, 01:41
If it's crashing, it's producing crash logs, please upload them.

Larry-G
06-11-12, 01:42
Try without installing media player as there is already a media player built into the image directly. installing another adds no functionality and wont allow you to play other files as that is handled by the hardware and not software codecs etc.

also you say your using the latest image but you say your using 339 ? so which is it ?.

gab2001uk
06-11-12, 02:08
It may well be writing crash logs, but how can I find them if I am unable to ftp after the crash, and cannot re-boot...
Version openvix-3.0.339

How do you start the built in media player, and will it cope with .avi and .mkv files

Larry-G
06-11-12, 02:14
update to a newer build image something like build 394 as any bug your suffering is likely already fixed in later builds and we dont produce patches for older image builds. you can get the image directly from the server and use a settings backup to restore your settings is you like or if your comfortable with setting the box up do a full fresh flash and setup.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/

To access the media player press the file or list button, which is located to the right of the menu button on your remote, and yes it plays AVI and MKV files. I would recommend that you change the location of the log files to a external device such as USB stick or to a mounted HDD as this way you wont loose them when you do a flash.

gab2001uk
06-11-12, 02:20
Thanks for the replies.
A bit late in the day now, but will be on to it tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on.

judge
06-11-12, 02:20
The built in media player is used by pressing the media button, the one to the right of the menu button.
And, yes, it will cope well with most .avi and .mkv files, depends on their encoding though.
Crash logs are stored in /home/root unless you change the default location.

gab2001uk
11-11-12, 11:33
Thanks for all the help. I have installed image 3.0.394 and the backup is working perfectly. I was also getting problems with network shares and that has also resolved.
On thing I cannot seem to fathom out is how to make a playlist with the built in media player. Single files are ok, but perhaps this is a topic for another post.

Larry-G
11-11-12, 11:38
if your referring to MP3's just create a folder and drop them into it, the media player will play all of those in the folder one after the other. for example if you drop a whole album onto the HDD and navigate to that folder with the media player, it will play every mp3 by selecting the first and pressing play.

gab2001uk
11-11-12, 12:42
Will that work with files stored on a NAS? Only problem is you have no way of selecting the tracks you want to play, its all or nothing

Larry-G
11-11-12, 12:49
Last time i tried it did on my NAS and the ultimo,through the inbuilt media player, but that was a few months ago at least.

azboxlibre
04-02-14, 16:55
Hi, gab2001uk, Where do I find this cam 2.4.1 to be installed manually? I'm behind her because a few problems here in Latin America and wanted to test it. I searched the forum and repository not found.

khan888
04-02-14, 23:22
Hi, gab2001uk, Where do I find this cam 2.4.1 to be installed manually? I'm behind her because a few problems here in Latin America and wanted to test it. I searched the forum and repository not found.

I don't think there is a cccam 2.4.1 its been mistyped should be 2.1.4

You can find the latest softcams here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

azboxlibre
06-02-14, 12:09
I suspected. Thank you for feedback. I suspected. Thank you for feedback. In Brazil in're having problems with the ECM HDs channels in N4gra 3.