PDA

View Full Version : Video Enhancement Settings

thedoc11
05-11-12, 10:16
Hi can anybody help with setting up the vidoeo settings as I have just purchased a Panasonic TX-L47DT50 and feel the image is a bit dim and not as crisp as my Previous plasma. Also I am running the vix image for Xtrend 9x00 and want to know why the OSD 3D setting does not auto switch all help is appreciated :)

Rob van der Does
05-11-12, 10:44
Did you start by disabling all 'video enhancers' and overscan your new telly may offer?
Regarding the video enhancement options in the ViX-image: start by having them all at default.
The see if you have to lower the saturation (I have that quite low on all my STB's, as they tend to exaggerate (picture on TV has more colour then in real live......).
Then go to a SD-service and see about the scaler-sharpness; lowering brings a softer picture, more to the right the picture gets sharper hence showing more artifacts.
The rest of the settings I would leave untouched.

thedoc11
05-11-12, 11:15
Cheers will give it a go any ideas on the 3d setting why it will not auto switch from the 3d osd on the xtrend when going back to a normal 2d channel ?

twol
05-11-12, 11:28
Hi can anybody help with setting up the vidoeo settings as I have just purchased a Panasonic TX-L47DT50 and feel the image is a bit dim and not as crisp as my Previous plasma. Also I am running the vix image for Xtrend 9x00 and want to know why the OSD 3D setting does not auto switch all help is appreciated :)If you had a Panasonic plasma before, then I wouldn,t expect as crisp a picture on an LCD.
Also dim could be correct!... Often people leave the picture mode on dynamic which is a showroom picture setup... But it may depend on which picture mode you had on the plasma vs new LCD