PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Tune Problems

madaboutlotus
05-11-12, 09:54
Hi Guys

I wonder if you can suggest what to do next.

I have been having a lot of trouble with channels not tuning in and an error message 'Tune Failed' popping up. After several re-flashes with new images, a replacement tuner, checking the connections, alignment and signal strength is fine accoring to my other boxes, the box worked fine with all channels viewable for the space of 2-3 hours then it packed up again with for instance Sly Sp1 & 4 OK, but Sp2 &3 not. I have a notebook cooler under the box which keeps it cool.

I can't think what to do next unless the box is goosed and whatever I do will not bring it back to life.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

marty
05-11-12, 09:57
I had one a good while back, simular problem but was fixed with an inline amp in the coax.
AFAIK a common problem (mainly on clones)

Might be worth moving on and getting a newer box, DM800 is a bit long in the tooth these days.
A Gigablue 800SE might be worth considering.

madaboutlotus
05-11-12, 10:09
Hi Marty

Thanks for the reply. It is a clone and one suggestion is the LNB could be the cause but why would it be fine on other channels and no signal on others?

marty
05-11-12, 10:18
Hi Marty

Thanks for the reply. It is a clone and one suggestion is the LNB could be the cause but why would it be fine on other channels and no signal on others?

It's not the LNB M8, I don't know exactly why it is but as I said it is a common problem.
I fitted a GENUINE tuner to mine and it was a little better but signal strength was weak (while before it was tune failed) but the inline amp made it better.
Before I bought the tuner I did try another LNB, same result.

My advice, palm it off on someone and get a newer box ;)
If you got £50-60 for it you would only need fine £100 for a newer generation box :thumbsup:

marty
05-11-12, 10:23
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=dm800+tune+failed&oq=dm800+tune+failed&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i10i30l3.1264.5086.0.5303.17.14.0.3. 3.0.264.1896.2j5j5.12.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.KEY2MsA 3bb8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=a0efe76d35983d56&bpcl=37189454&biw=1920&bih=963

madaboutlotus
05-11-12, 10:26
The signal strength is fine so I guess it's just the box that is given up. How do you ratethe Gigablue against the VU+ Duo?

marty
05-11-12, 10:32
The signal strength is fine so I guess it's just the box that is given up. How do you ratethe Gigablue against the VU+ Duo?

I sold my DM800 clone to buy the VU+DUO in 2010, fantastic box :thumbsup: but I have just (two weeks ago) sold it to buy a Gigablue Quad :cool:
The Quad is way faster and better picture that the Duo (IMO) buts its not without its problems which are all driver related and WILL be fixed shortly :)

If you can afford it get the Quad!!!!! if not get a Gigablue 800.
While the DUO is a fantastic box its now getting old, your choice and either way ANY will be no comparison to the DM clone :p

madaboutlotus
05-11-12, 12:37
I sold my DM800 clone to buy the VU+DUO in 2010, fantastic box :thumbsup: but I have just (two weeks ago) sold it to buy a Gigablue Quad :cool:
The Quad is way faster and better picture that the Duo (IMO) buts its not without its problems which are all driver related and WILL be fixed shortly :)

If you can afford it get the Quad!!!!! if not get a Gigablue 800.
While the DUO is a fantastic box its now getting old, your choice and either way ANY will be no comparison to the DM clone :p

I have read from previous post that the new drivers for the Quad have been released. So maybe some of your issues would be solved.

Larry-G
05-11-12, 16:58
Ok guys please read the forum rules. As the op stated this is a clone I'm closing the thread as we don't offer support for any cloned receiver here.

You can start another thread to discuss the merits of other boxes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2