PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Total Loss

hell123
05-11-12, 01:08
hi everyone i am newbie with basic knowledge.
My Vu+Duo (Original) was flashed and brought to life to latest engima2 software and epg etc...
I was given by the official engeneer a backup Usb and was told if ever crashed or done something wrong all i need to do is
switch system off insert usb and follow on screen message.
Last night system crashed so i followed the given steps but when rebooting it get stuck on starting..
steps i took.
switch off again unplug enternet cable insert usb on the back insteded the front reboot same again
i copied all file from one usb to new one (fat32) same again
DEAD SYSTEM
Note: the usb given contained the following
..spotlight_V100
TemproaryItems
Trashes
Vuplus
TemproaryItems
Trashes.

i appreciate any help i could get and thank you in advance.
please when replying think you are explaining to a newbie
if all fail anyone knows a good repair shop for vu+duo

judge
05-11-12, 01:11
Do you know what image & version you were using?

hell123
05-11-12, 01:19
image looked like 3 planet in outer space and logo saying open vix for all your support
updated 19/10/12

judge
05-11-12, 01:26
In that case, I'd advise you download & flash the latest version available for your box from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

hell123
05-11-12, 01:35
i followed your url and i got multipel choice so i guess i need openvix-3.0.394-vuduo-usb-zip dated 1/11/12
anything else needed.
many thanks

hell123
05-11-12, 03:06
hi again
i have done the following steps usb fat32 copied openvix 3.0.394 and also vuplus duo_cfc_3_0 usb.zip
inserted usb fllowed on screen rebooted back again saying Starting.
help

Conaxthewarrior
05-11-12, 17:25
I have also gone along the road you have , nearly shat myself when I upgraded wrongly 1st time but the system sucessfully re-read the data from usb in after a power down/up and booted up without problems.
Since then Ive upgraded time and again with no problems - tough as old boots this VU+ Duo.

Larry-G
05-11-12, 17:48
hi again
i have done the following steps usb fat32 copied openvix 3.0.394 and also vuplus duo_cfc_3_0 usb.zip
inserted usb fllowed on screen rebooted back again saying Starting.
help

you dont need the bootloader ( vuplus duo_cfc_3_0 usb.zip ) as you were already on a ViX 3.0 series image.

Take the openvix 3.0.394 file and extract the contents using winrar / winzip or any other suitable file manager.

Format your stick to FAT32 then copy the folder named vuplus including all of it's contents to the stick.
power off the receiver via the rear power switch and insert the USB stick.
wait for approximately 2 minutes then power the receiver back on.

at this point you should see some text on the VFD of the receiver telling you that the USB stick is being read, and the image is flashing etc. If all goes well you will be prompted to remove the stick and reboot the receiver, if you dont get this prompt it means the receiver did not recognize the stick so try another if possible.

once the receiver has been flashed you will need to set the box up again or if you have a settings backup from the previous image use that to restore your settings etc.

hell123
05-11-12, 20:11
thank you for your advise and will post the result back today.
just to makesure once i flash the system and finger crossed all goes fine do i use the backup usb given which contain the following?
..spotlight_V100
TemproaryItems
Trashes
Vuplus
TemproaryItems
Trashes.
thanks in advance:confused:

basilyoung
05-11-12, 20:19
thank you for your advise and will post the result back today.
just to makesure once i flash the system and finger crossed all goes fine do i use the backup usb given which contain the following?
..spotlight_V100
TemproaryItems
Trashes
Vuplus
TemproaryItems
Trashes.
thanks in advance:confused:

No, I would not bother using those files..not even sure of what they are

pooface
05-11-12, 20:28
I imagine the USB he gave you comings a backup to get it to the star you received in (guess it was all set up). So, if you want that image, you'd need to flash it. Only folder you need is the vuplus folder. Others like trashes etc are just because he copied them over using a mac...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hell123
06-11-12, 03:31
hi everyone and my judge
i done what was advised and all went ok
but when i used the given update usb and inserted all procedure go well but when reboot back stuck on starting.
so the help i may need (and greatfull)
set by step how to setup openvix again.
many thanks:eek:

paul362
06-11-12, 09:14
As stated earlier in this thread there is no need to use your original set-up USB as you have already flashed the latest VIX image (394) in your case, so you wont need the old backup files ? just use the box with the latest VIX image and your all set.:)

hell123
10-11-12, 19:58
thanks for everyone tried to help me
after being away and giving up fixing my openvix Vu+Duo
today i done the following
downloaded Vu+Duo 8/11/12 image on a usb stick and flashed the system successfully.
my question is what todo next please and detail in your help will be greatfully appreciated.
thanks

hell123
21-01-13, 04:18
thanks for all reply after following your advise i have a back to life machine. but with the following problems but first here what i done.
1-i flashed my system with vuplus
2- installed catseye 4/1/2013
3- followed wisard steps
4- dawonloaded epg
5- system info: kernel 3.1.1 drivers: 2012-10-25 version: 3,0 built: 569 last update: 2013-01-19

problems
those satelite can't receive (dish move to satelite and message apear failed to tune then failed to tune timeout)
16A/B east
9A(9east)
4.8 east
23.5 east
26.0 east
36 east
39 east
0.8 west
4 west
5 west
7.0 west
30 west

also No hd channels working but sd is good
last after updating all EPG or autobouquermaker a message appear say can not read data

no matter what i did same result but all regular satelitea i recieve clear no problem.

any idea or something i could do?
all help is appreciated
many thanks in advance

dfdream
21-01-13, 11:03
You need to tell us what dish setup you have.
If fixed dish what satellites you have. (28.2, 19.2, 13 etc)
If motor which one and how have you set it in services.
Also if its a motorised dish is it correctly positioned on the arc and have you tested it with another receiver.
Finally what satellites can you currently receive channels on and are they FTA or CARD.

hell123
21-01-13, 14:47
good afternoon and thanks for kind replies.
in reply to last request i could confirm the following.

i have a TM 1.1m solid dish
0.1 lnb
TM-2600 super Diseqc
i receive channels FTA
working satelite at present are
28.2 East all good except HD channels
13.0 East " " " "
19.2 East all " " " "
9.0 East few channels
7.0 East only 1 channel

all was working fine until before new year when kids left alone with the receiver. i flashed system and fresh dawonloaded new information.
in image manager i got: openvix-3.0.558-vuduo_usb
" 3.0.562- " "
vuduo-3.0.562-2013116_144316

PS: usb was FTA32 formated

Mount Manager read: size:15.62 Mount:/media/hdd
device:/dev/sda1 type: vfat R/W

script runner when press OK cause enigma2 to restart.

any idea or further information needed?
many thanks