PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Box powering off itself

rikesh
04-11-12, 23:12
Since updating via online update to build 390, the box will sporadically turn to standby (orange light) after being on for some time. It hasn't crashed, it responds instantly when pressing power on the remote.

Originally thought it was a HDMI-CEC problem, because both the TV and box were turning off, so I disabled HDMI-CEC across all devices. But now the issue remains - only the box turns off by itself.

Under Menu > Information > About, I have noticed the system temperature shows 'Unable to read infoC'. Not sure whether this was a pre-existing error, but regardless, I have not moved the box and it doesn't feel overheated.

Would appreciate any tips on this.

judge
04-11-12, 23:21
The Unable to read infoC has been fixed in a later build.
No idea why your box is going into standby though, are you getting any crash logs?
Build 400+ should be on the feeds by tomorrow, maybe try again with that.

pazza07
05-11-12, 10:03
Just a thought, check if the power manager has been enabled, menu/set up/vix/power manager.

rikesh
05-11-12, 23:58
Ah. Turns out it's the remote. Noticed that the box started randomly opening the EPG too. So I took the batteries out and hey - problem solved!

Now I need to get new batteries to test whether it's that, or a faulty remote.

Thanks for your tips - appreciate the effort. Of course, sheer coincidence that I'd recently updated ViX.

rikesh
08-11-12, 00:10
Ok sorry to bring this up again but it turns out it isn't fixed.

Batteries are out of the remote but the box will randomly power off / popup the EPG.

Updated to latest build 404 and it's still happening!

Mr. Mister
08-11-12, 00:15
Can i ask how you updated.. ??

Online GUI..?? Telent..?? or fresh flash.. ??

rikesh
08-11-12, 00:20
Online GUI. Is it worth fresh flashing?

Mr. Mister
08-11-12, 00:22
I would say defo.. Yes..

A fresh flash usually cure everything..

You Can make a full image back up.. via the image manager..

Then when you flash your image.. you can use the image back up you just make to put your settings back the way you want them..

But also.. Please remember.. If you do this.. you could also bring back your existing bug..

Maybe it would be best to do a complete fresh flash.. and install everything as new again..

Sicilian
08-11-12, 01:10
Just another pointer
'Unable to read infoC' This is normal, Solo does not have a temp sensor.

judge
08-11-12, 01:14
Just another pointer
'Unable to read infoC' This is normal, Solo does not have a temp sensor.

Also removed in recent builds.
Anyone with this issue should update.

rikesh
12-11-12, 01:42
Did a clean flash of build 405 and manually set up the box (without using backup). The issue persists - box still randomly powers off.

Also, there is a new symptom: Menus will randomly pop up (main menu and QuickEPG).

So far I have eliminated the remote control (issue occurred whilst batteries removed) and the image (flashed latest ViX without restoring backup).

What else could it be?

Thanks

mickyblueys
12-11-12, 08:29
Just a thought but why don't you try a different image to see if it replicates itself or not?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

pooface
12-11-12, 08:38
Try disconnecting the box from the Internet, to ensure no-one is hacking in and remotely controlling your box...

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

rikesh
21-11-12, 21:43
Tried disconnecting from internet but the problem remained. Installed a fresh new image (Black Pole) and so far this has solved the problem. Having said that, the minute I type this...

Will try ViX again when the next major release arrives. Miss it already!

TK4|2|1
22-11-12, 15:37
Cover the front of the box to eliminate other IR interference.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

chrisnasah
26-12-12, 21:17
did anyone figure out what the issue was, i did online update and got the same issue now, strange, i have vu duo.

mickyblueys
26-12-12, 21:23
My box turned itself off half an hour ago for no reason. Done update to 540 earlier on today....don't know if related

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
27-12-12, 05:41
If the obvious reasons (HDMI-CEC disabled, no (power)timers set to shut down, no R/C-command, no WEB-IF command) have been ruled out: please see what the debuglog says.