PDA

View Full Version : Positioner setup tool

bobonthejob
31-03-10, 08:44
Hi All,

When watching channels on say 30W, i find that the channels take a wee while to come up.

I thought that i would use the positioner tool to fine tune the dish position.

Initially the SNR was at 40%. After i used the fine tune i mange to get that up to 46%. I then go to store the position and come out of the application. Once i come out the dish seems to move back to the position in which it was previously (again at 39%).

So the question is....has anybody managed to use the tool to fine tune and then hold that position? Or is this a case of manually moving the whole dish setup around the mounting pole?

Thanks.

Sicilian
31-03-10, 09:12
Its a bug in Enigma 2, its don't store the positions. Tweak you longitude west settings to compensate. It may be your dish is slightly out of alignment. Mine was the same until I got it re-aligned a couple of weeks back.

bobonthejob
31-03-10, 11:05
Cheers sic. Might try .5 increments either way.

bobonthejob
06-04-10, 16:17
UPDATE - Tweaked the longitude to get better signal. Had an increase of 5% signal strength by modyfying the longitude.

Original long was 1.145 - Now it is set to 000.355

Quite a difference...Done the trick but.

Sicilian
06-04-10, 16:24
I'd seriously consider re-alignment, best way imo.

bobonthejob
06-04-10, 16:26
I spoke to thew guy who aligned my dish in the first place and said that it was pretty spot on. Have generally got a very good signal...was hitting 90%+ for Sly UK. With this tweak of the longitude it has increased further. He had also said to modify the longitude - He said that will do the trick.

Sicilian
06-04-10, 16:29
What signal strengths do you get on Astra 19deg & Hotbird 13deg?

bobonthejob
06-04-10, 16:36
Astra 19 Deg = 87% ( Channel - Sky Sport HD)
Hotbird 13 Deg = 96% (Channel - Sky Sport 1)

Sicilian
06-04-10, 16:41
They're good signal strength m8, 30W is always going to be somewhat lower. You've got a 80cm dish you?

Retired member
06-04-10, 17:07
I spoke to thew guy who aligned my dish in the first place and said that it was pretty spot on. Have generally got a very good signal...was hitting 90%+ for Sly UK. With this tweak of the longitude it has increased further. He had also said to modify the longitude - He said that will do the trick.

He knows his stuff of the setting up of the dish hardware and aligning etc. but I wouldn't take a great deal of advice from him when it comes to settings on the VU+, he's not exactly fully up to the mark shall I say when it comes to Enigma2 and its setup ;) Better to speak to those on here who use it day in day out.

bobonthejob
06-04-10, 17:23
Doh! Damn broadband is down. Virgil end coming on Friday. Damn them.

supathug
06-04-10, 18:49
LOL Bob whats going on! ru using dial-up right now?

Glad u got the stuff sorted dude.