PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased an Ultimo need help with setup with vix image

Plasticfantastic
02-11-12, 22:14
I have just purchased the ultimo with triple s/2 connections.I have astra 28.2 connected to port a and b and a seperate feed with a dual lnb on astra 19.2 and hotbird 13.0 on the c port can antbody please tell me the correct tuner configurations.Then when i get tuned in how do i get a channel lists for these feeds?,I would like the epg to be as close to the sly box version.Will the channels be in the same order as sly channels if not how can i get them in order .Is there anything i need to do to set this up ready to use as close to the sly box version as possible??,please help, I have the vix image installed also.

Larry-G
02-11-12, 22:51
Tuners 1 and 2 need to be setup as

simple
single
28.2 east
no

I'm not sure about the third tuner as i have never set one up like that. as for channel list, you only need one bouquet or channel list which contains the data for all 3 locations, you could try using the Vhannibal pack i'm including here combined or merged with the Mr.mister 28.2 east pack.

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 12:06
Now I have another problem, I tuned the box in with the above tuner configuration no problem, but the epg was all over the place, so I downloaded somekind of epg through my plugins on the box now the box doesn't pick up 28.2 at all and when I go into tuner set up it will not give me an option of selecting 28.2 anymore? Only astra 19.2 and hotbird 13.0 which is on the tuner c configuration.What have I done and how do I remedy it Please?

Larry-G
03-11-12, 12:14
The ViX image has a very advanced EPG built rite into the very core of the image, if you have downloaded some other kind of EPG it is possible that you have corrupted something.

exactly what did you install and please list your EPG setup so that we may be able to see where you are going wrong.

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 12:57
Sorry, where would I find my EPG setup?

Stanman
03-11-12, 13:05
Sorry, where would I find my EPG setup?
Menu/setup/sydtem/epg

Are you sure you dwnloaded epg and not a bouquet set as tht is the only way 28 could be replaced by 19 and 13E

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 13:39
Epg location-internal flash
Epg filename-epg
Automatic refresh-yes
Refresh every-24
Show EIT/next in folder-yes
Enable EIT EPG-yes
Enable MHW EPG-no
Enable freesat epg-yes
Enable viasat epg-yes
Enable netmed epg- yes
Maintain old epg data for-30
Include EIT in http streams-yes
Include Ait in http streams-yes

Stanman
03-11-12, 13:42
You need to select source, as its multi sat you have use the xmlimporter - set it up annd yellow press for source

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 13:45
Sorry where do I select source from?

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 13:50
Ok sorry, I am in xmlimporter and selected sources this has shown me two options satmate sky uk and satmate sky It , select one?

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 14:06
Was thinking of a factory reset will this mean I will lose my vix image?

Larry-G
03-11-12, 14:12
The factory reset will wipe the image to it's default setup. you wont loose the ViX image but it will wipe all settings etc.

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 14:12
Was thinking of a factory reset, would this mean I lose my vix image?

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 14:34
Ok now doing a factory reset and retuning the box.Will let you know if I have any problems.thanks

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 15:33
Right now have the box tuned in .Can anyone guide me in the right direction as two how I get EPGs for 28.2 astra 13.0 hotbird and 19.2 Astra.Preferably the 28.2 as close to sly epg as possible?

Stanman
03-11-12, 16:24
First off do you have a channel list that covers your sats, if not download and install either Vhannibal or catseye ones from the engima 2 forum

If you want the sly style numbering than you need to combine the Mr Mister list with Vhannibals or catseye

or you can use these.

For the epg go into cross epg and conmfigre and pick opentve 28.2E.

For the other two sets your gonna need to use xmltve importer and use the epg for 19 and 13E

Plasticfantastic
03-11-12, 17:12
Hi and Thankyou , the enigma 2 forum where do I find that.And that file you left is that channel lists and how would I get that onto my unit?

Stanman
03-11-12, 17:31
Mate, don't take this the wrong way but I can spoon feed you and you will never learn anything.

I was in exactly the both your in 12 months ago and was so much of a noob that when I unpacked my box and hooked it up , expected the channels to be showing and was on the phone to the shop saying it was faulty and no channels - little realising you have to set up tuner config your self. I am quite happy to help you out as are others but you need to do some of the work yourself - honestly where do you think the E2 forum is going to be?

The list i attached is the channel list and how to send it to the box - tutorial is in my sginature.

Please have a read of the forum as lots of useful info and questions already asked and answered