PDA

View Full Version : vu+ web control

mally.smith
12-09-10, 22:47
i have been tryin webcontrol for a few days,suddenly it asked for username/password, i havnt set a password,could it be a third party putting this password requirement on

grtmoby
12-09-10, 23:11
try to type root as the username and leave the password blank
will it proceed

mally.smith
12-09-10, 23:18
no it keeps opening another password box

grtmoby
12-09-10, 23:21
which image r u using.... go to the plugins screen and choose webinterface..... open it opens change the password checking setting to "NO" (sorry can't remember the correct name of the line)

basilyoung
12-09-10, 23:29
I would telnet the unit, and change the password to a known password to you
the odds are, the current login to the unit is login; root password " " blank, nothing
so with telnet, type in the address of the unit

if asked for a login, type root
password, leave blank, and hit return

then type passwd (not password) you will be prompted to type in your new password (which as you type, will not be seen) and hit return
you will then be prompted to repeat, do so as above

your web control login will then be "root" and password will be "whatever you typed"

baz

grtmoby
12-09-10, 23:31
i am afraid baz that there is a preset pass on the image/box he is using. if the wd is blank he would have logged the webiinterface

basilyoung
12-09-10, 23:36
@ grtmoby

it might be "VU+" or something like that, I did see a new image, with a default password,

and yes, I should have realized it was a preset password issue

baz

mally.smith
12-09-10, 23:41
im using vix, but just looked at web interface"enable streaming authentication" i mistakenly changed it to yes, changed to no an its back workin,thanks a mill grtmoby,i cant see a password settin line in there tho!

mally.smith
12-09-10, 23:46
hi baz, i just found outthat "enabling streaming authentication" was set to yes, i am a basic thicko and would love to know wot "telnet is all about"

grtmoby
12-09-10, 23:49
no problem m8
happy u solved ur problem :D

telnet is a way of communicating with the ox. it is done through different ways of which is a program called putty or may be through windows itself. through telnet u can issue different commands to the box of which change the login password.

mally.smith
13-09-10, 00:01
coul the person who shares put any passwords on my box

basilyoung
13-09-10, 00:37
only if you allow him/her, if your fire wall is correctly set up, you are secure
but would advise sorting out a non default password to your unit via telnet
but you are close to breaking a big rule (no cs chat allowed)

baz

ps, pleased you are sorted

mally.smith
13-09-10, 00:49
trouble is he supplied box

basilyoung
13-09-10, 00:51
as said...he cant acces the unit, if u have not set up port forwarding, ie ports 21/23/80

baz