PDA

View Full Version : Distributing vu+ around the house

eire
12-09-10, 20:56
Hi everyone, I have my VU+ connected to my tv using hdmi and am distributing the signal to all other tvs using a modulator( this one: hxxp://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=33050) via the scart connection. I have it tuned in in every room fine but the picture is pretty fuzzy. Does any one have any ideas how to improve the picture quality? Or any other solutions? Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

basilyoung
12-09-10, 21:00
unplug the hdmi cable, and see if that improves things, (set the unit to scart first, and reboot)
baz

norbert
12-09-10, 23:31
I too will be trying to do the same as this when i get around to it!!.........My 2nd tv has RCA inputs, so not the same problem as you.

As Basilyoung said, try that first.

Start with the basics and progress slowly. So with no HDMI connected i would:

Put a portable next to the VU+ and connect it with a short run of coax cable. If the picture is ok, plug in the HDMI cable to the main TV. This will tell you if the HDMI is causing some noise. If the picture is no good, then it may have something to do with those dip switches on the modulator, they may need configuring? It could be the RF channel the TV is receiving. The RF is between 21 & 69. Some TV's will allow this to be changed somewhere in the menu, so try them all, one at a time if possible. Or it could be the HDMI lead itself. (try this last-----)Try another one of better quality with plenty of sheilding. The one that comes with the VU+ is not very good quality! Single shielded and nickel plated!

if the portible next to VU+ works, unplug it and move onto the next TV (test it where it is, bedroom kitchen wherever) (assuming you are feeding more than one). Try each TV one at a time, so to hopefully eliminate the cause. This may also highlight a loose/faulty coax cable on the run.

Is the coax going into a distribution/aerial booster? As that modulator will probably cause the signal to degrade. But this is all dependant on how the portable next to the VU+ reacted.