PDA

View Full Version : Setup Difficulties

demented
01-11-12, 13:27
So, three hours later and no channels are working. I've followed the VU+Duo guide and uploaded Mr Mister's bouquet to the box, the CCcam plugin and EPG but nothing. Whenever I restart the GUI the display hangs on Loading 99%. Any advice in how I can get some TV? Thanks!

josh_g
01-11-12, 14:50
i hope when i get home from work i dont have the same problems that you are having:eek:

abu baniaz
01-11-12, 14:53
If it is on 99% it does not have a startup service. Just go into your bouquets and select a channel

Mr. Mister
01-11-12, 15:03
Press Up or down
Press Blue Button..
Select a channel..

If not channels appear..

Then press blue..
select softcam manager
Restart cam.. and make sure that you have autorestart ticked..

Sicilian
01-11-12, 15:15
So, three hours later and no channels are working. I've followed the VU+Duo guide and uploaded Mr Mister's bouquet to the box, the CCcam plugin and EPG but nothing. Whenever I restart the GUI the display hangs on Loading 99%. Any advice in how I can get some TV? Thanks!

You need to describe exactly step by step what you have done. Also what are your Tuner settings?

demented
01-11-12, 16:23
Here's what I have done so far.

I followed the VU+ Duo setup guide for Enigma2. Firstly, I download Mr Mister's bouquet and used Dreambox Edit to send the bouquet to the box. I rebooted the receiver and there were no channels listed. I then added the EPG and CCcam, inlcuding FTPing the CCcam file to the receiver. Still no channels. I then decided to do a manual scan which has now successfully given me access to all the Sky channels but the bouquet will still not work.

For my tuner settings I have Tuner A and Tuner B both as:

Config Mode: Simple
Mode: Single
Satellite: 28.2 Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1n/2a/2b
Send DiSEqC: No

Despite the teething problems I am very impressed with the receiver, picture quality is excellent (once I changed to 1080i from 1080p/24) and the streaming feature looks very useful indeed. Just trying to setup iOS streaming but assume I need the bouquet working before this can be done.

Once again, thank you all for being so helpful.

Larry-G
01-11-12, 16:31
Which program are you using to transfer the bouquets to the receiver ?.

demented
01-11-12, 16:34
Dreambox Edit 5.0.2.0

Larry-G
01-11-12, 16:36
what operating system are you using on your PC / Laptop and do you know how to start a Telnet session ?.

demented
01-11-12, 16:41
I use a Mac but booted Windows so that I could use DBE. Telnet? Is that remote access? Never done it before.

Larry-G
01-11-12, 16:47
Telnet is a network protocol

have a look at this tutorial, ignore the part about SSH just start a telnet session for your receiver.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Telnet-on-Mac-OS-X

once you have the telnet session open use the init 4 command to put enigma2 to sleep, then transfer the bouquet over using DBE as normal ( dont worry about any errors you get from DBE ). once the bouquet has been sent over to the box, again using telnet send the init 3 command to reboot enigma.

that should do it and you can close the telnet session.

demented
01-11-12, 17:15
Thanks, Phoenix. I managed to load the AutoBouquets plugin and that has worked perfectly. I'll give the Telnet option a go later.